Xbow full inclusion??

so you have access to great habitat. awesome. I'd argue the doe i shot the first year in Mississippi on public land was a better example of good woodmanship and hunting skill than any of those bucks. But I think the point has been made. Many don't feel the need to justify their hunting abilities, but for some reason you do.

Just the facts my friend. Don't shoot the baby bucks and you might be able to put a real hero in your truck. Remember that' 115 well because he might be the 140 in the back of my truck next year. That's real management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you have access to great habitat. awesome. I'd argue the doe i shot the first year in Mississippi on public land was a better example of good woodmanship and hunting skill than any of those bucks. But I think the point has been made. Many don't feel the need to justify their hunting abilities, but for some reason you do.

Very good point. I whole heartedly believe there’s a chance I’m a better hunter than some people in this world who have better hunting accomplishments. Money, Time, Land access, etc. are more important than who can shoot 2” groups vs 1” groups

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Just the facts my friend. Don't shoot the baby bucks and you might be able to put a real hero in your truck. Remember that' 115 well because he might be the 140 in the back of my truck next year. That's real management.

I passed those baby bucks this year, but the 2.5's I did not. Why? because I hunt 60 acres on the boarder of wayne and monroe. Our worlds are different and your reality is not that of 98% of NY hunters. That was my main point.

Very good point. I whole heartedly believe there’s a chance I’m a better hunter than some people in this world who have better hunting accomplishments. Money, Time, Land access, etc. are more important than who can shoot 2” groups vs 1” groups

X1000. Hunting property makes more than half the hunter without a doubt.

• Like 2

I passed those baby bucks this year, but the 2.5's I did not. Why? because I hunt 60 acres on the boarder of wayne and monroe. Our worlds are different and your reality is not that of 98% of NY hunters. That was my main point.

Yeah well the world can be changed for those that care to do so. Took 25 plus years to get the golden ticket for me. Some are happy with what they have like hunting 60 acres somewhere and shoot 2.5yr old bucks and plaster their pic all over like it's a lottery win. If I shot a real big deer in my book I might take a hero shot and post it from here to who knows where but so far that has not happened. I have no problem taking a pic of just the real hero. If he is big enough to call him a hero.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

Obviously quite a few people do. Imagine you were a pro football player and saw youth turning away from football. You saw your sport dying in favor of soccer. You'd just sit back and shrug? You and I butt heads occasionally, but generally you're a standup guy. I'm a little shocked you don't grasp the preservation of tradition aspect of this discussion.

Maybe because you and I look at our sport differently in some respects. Im a hunter first. Not a bow hunter, not a gun hunter, just a hunter. I care deeply for the tradition of hunting, and do everything I can to try and ensure that it continues for generations to come. If adding a different type of bow to archery season helps that to happen, Im all for it.

• Like 5

But like a bad movie, we all knew it was coming.
It does make my morning and evening train rides a little more enjoyable. I do end up getting pretty confused at some point about what we are arguing. Sometimes I feel like I am watching news coverage of the Syrian civil war, trying to figure out on whose side I am.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:
14 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Farms in the North and Western Ny Yes over 1000 acres total and 20 acres under fence living the dream$

After you release your buck from the pen how many hours do you wait before trying to hunt them?

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Maybe because you and I look at our sport differently in some respects. Im a hunter first. Not a bow hunter, not a gun hunter, just a hunter. I care deeply for the tradition of hunting, and do everything I can to try and ensure that it continues for generations to come. If adding a different type of bow to archery season helps that to happen, Im all for it.

That was the best comment in this thread .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Website hasn’t been updated since 2015. Maybe the business is done.

But yes FSW has posted his face on this forum before.

Still I find it hard to believe that a guy that has 1000 acres of farm land and in the deer breeding business. 

Can not  find a big buck to shoot once in awhile at least  on  property like that unless he really isn't that interested in  hunting and just comes here to advertise  his business. 

Still I find it hard to believe that a guy that has 1000 acres of farm land and in the deer breeding business. 
Can not  find a big buck to shoot once in awhile at least  on  property like that unless he really isn't that interested in  hunting and just comes here to advertise  his business. 

More so like the business tripled in size and now no longer need to pay for a website. The animals sell themselves. Said many times it's not real tough to find a mature 120 inch minimum in my world. You really think I need to advertise a farm on a hunting site? Now maybe if it was a hunting ranch that might make some sense.

• Like 1

From a revenue perspective, they'll make money on xbow license sales. More justified than the current tag alignment and hunter education requirement.

I think we're equally likely to have an early ML season at some point in the over-populated WMUs. They'll probably charge for that tag, too. There is a lot of support for that within the DEC and I am sure many will be having beers the day that is established.

Crossbows fully in bow is inevitable at this point, the legislature is the only thing holding it back. I see pro and cons to it but that doesn't change the fact I'll have to deal with it...it'll happen eventually.

Still dreaming of OBR or allowing both buck tags to be used in archery, structured gun season after Thanksgiving, and a lengthened season on either end for "archery" equipment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

More so like the business tripled in size and now no longer need to pay for a website. The animals sell themselves. Said many times it's not real tough to find a mature 120 inch minimum in my world. You really think I need to advertise a farm on a hunting site? Now maybe if it was a hunting ranch that might make some sense.

Maybe you are networking or doing marketing research on  hunters , I dont no ,  any way I dont dought a  guy like you with a 1000 acre farm has any trouble finding big bucks to kill .

Those other guys dont seem to have the same feeling sounds like .

Edited by Storm914

seems to me license sales wont change no matter what implement. - been 560K - 590K for last ten years.  Thats how many people hunt in NY and they will hunt with whatever is legal.  And then there is 40,000 out of state licenses that have been the same for ten years too. (probably 75% BIL's lol) and the state leg isnt really concerned about what you hunt with, so they arent rushing to pound through a xbow bill that wont tip those numbers in the least.   

• Like 1