Xbow full inclusion??

Maybe you are networking or doing marketing research on  hunters , I dont no ,  any way I dont dought a  guy like you with a 1000 acre farm has any trouble finding big bucks to kill .
Those other guys dont seem to have the same feeling sounds like .

Envy and Jealousy are terrible bed partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a revenue perspective, they'll make money on xbow license sales. More justified than the current tag alignment and hunter education requirement.
I think we're equally likely to have an early ML season at some point in the over-populated WMUs. They'll probably charge for that tag, too. There is a lot of support for that within the DEC and I am sure many will be having beers the day that is established.
Crossbows fully in bow is inevitable at this point, the legislature is the only thing holding it back. I see pro and cons to it but that doesn't change the fact I'll have to deal with it...it'll happen eventually.
Still dreaming of OBR or allowing both buck tags to be used in archery, structured gun season after Thanksgiving, and a lengthened season on either end for "archery" equipment.

Westchester and LI have the allowance of 2 bucks on 10/1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

I'm not complaining about you at all man, but the picture of who you are grows clearer and clearer in my mind. I thought it was pretty well understood that what is legal is not always right and vice versa. 

In Mississippi, they have full inclusion ;)

I guess that explains why you left Mississippi.   You don't sound very happy here in NY.   Maybe you, Doc and the three or four other NYB members who have chimed in on this thread could get yourselves in a min-van and head out west to Oregon.  More than likely, you "heroes" could live out your lives there without having to worry about us weaker and/or less dedicated folks bothering "your" deer.  Besides whitetails, they have mule deer, blacktails, elk, moose, and more big game species that are not available to hunt in NY, making that last crossbow-free state a virtual sportsman's paradise.  The fishing is very good out there also.  The scenery around the Columbia river and Mt Hood rivals that of NY's Adirondacks.   I have visited a few times but you would never catch me living in a state where I could not use my favorite weapon on my favorite animal to eat.   

Speaking of that, besides button bucks and hen turkeys, are you mad about my liking to keep and eat "just barely keeper" bass ?    

I hope you are blessed with enough venison this season in NY, especially if it is your last.   

Edited by wolc123

I guess that explains why you left Mississippi.   You don't sound very happy here in NY.   Maybe you, Doc and the three or four other NYB members who have chimed in on this thread could get yourselves in a min-van and head out west to Oregon.  More than likely, you "heroes" could live out your lives there without having to worry about us weaker and/or less dedicated folks bothering "your" deer.  Besides whitetails, they have mule deer, blacktails, elk, moose, and more big game species that are not available to hunt in NY, making that last crossbow-free state a virtual sportsman's paradise.  The fishing is very good out there also.  The scenery around the Columbia river and Mt Hood rivals that of NY's Adirondacks.   I have visited a few times but you would never catch me living in a state where I could not use my favorite weapon on my favorite animal to eat.   
Speaking of that, besides button bucks and hen turkeys, are you mad about my liking to keep and eat "just barely keeper" bass ?    
I hope you are blessed with enough venison this season in NY, especially if it is your last.   
You couldn't use your favorite weapon up until a few years ago so why were you here then?? Button bucks bigger here?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

You couldn't use your favorite weapon up until a few years ago so why were you here then?? Button bucks bigger here?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Very good question, family I guess.   Otherwise, I should have spent a few years in Ohio.    The crossbow has turned out to be far better than I expected.  No wounded and lost deer, no misses, no ruined meat, no noise, minimal "practice required", all for $ 250.  Definitely the best money I have spent on this sport.   I probably would upgrade my entry level crossbow, if full-inclusion ever goes through.   As I mentioned in my first post, I am content with the rules as they are now (and with the extra cash to use on better things).   As long as the freezer stays full every year, I ain't complaining.   I am very thankful to have access to my favorite weapon in the Southern zone at my favorite time to hunt (the rut), and for those three extra "bonus" days a month earlier up in the Northern zone.  Hopefully, Heaven will be this good.         

9 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Some are happy with what they have like hunting 60 acres somewhere and shoot 2.5yr old bucks and plaster their pic all over like it's a lottery win.

If that is a "lottery win" to them, is that wrong?

And if so why?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phade said:

Still dreaming of OBR or allowing both buck tags to be used in archery, structured gun season after Thanksgiving, and a lengthened season on either end for "archery" equipment.

My dream was to get to use a rifle during gun season in the areas I hunt.  Dream realized.........

:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Maybe you are networking or doing marketing research on  hunters , I dont no ,  any way I dont dought a  guy like you with a 1000 acre farm has any trouble finding big bucks to kill .

Those other guys dont seem to have the same feeling sounds like .

Priceless on soooo many levels. 

Not a thing if that's what they feel they have to do. Just as those that don't feel the need to plaster themselves all over with a deer should not.

You were more fun when you posted pics with the deer. To me, this pic of you with the deer is a million times better than one of just the deer laying in a truck.

b9c97fd95ee345f5d4cf979a8494b386.jpg

• Like 4

You were more fun when you posted pics with the deer. To me, this pic of you with the deer is a million times better than one of just the deer laying in a truck.

b9c97fd95ee345f5d4cf979a8494b386.jpg&key=055b187beabd202d32781626ab4b7117236a947b075396497a00467d0a178b13

Maybe so but after listening to all the childish comments after I put that up put an end to that. The real hero's are in the pic when you post 41/2-51/2 year old bucks taken. You really had to dig for that one.

Maybe so but after listening to all the childish comments after I put that up put an end to that. The real hero's are in the pic when you post 41/2-51/2 year old bucks taken. You really had to dig for that one.

I didn’t have to dig much considering it’s my phone wallpaper!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Come on man, even I can see that is photo-shopped.  His head is way to big (in the picture I mean).  

Idk man, I think it’s real. I just used my protractor and the girth of the chest of that 8.5 year old spike (clearly on the decline) is in perfect ratio with the FSW’s size 40 jacket.

• Haha 2

What’s really interesting is that in the pic I posted FSW is using a grunt call bayonet attachment at the end of his barrel. This became illegal due to the SAFE Act. That’s probably why the 2nd pic that TreeGuy posted doesn’t contain such attachment. Therefore, I still think it’s a real pic