Xbow full inclusion??

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm pretty sure old school crossbows back in the medieval times had fletchings... 

guess they should stop calling them a bolt cocker too then...

I don't know, seems like they would, it was something I read online is all.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I shoot both, and find that each has its own set of challenges, as well as challenges that are shared between them. The biggest difference is that a crossbow is easier to become proficient with. Why is that a bad thing?

I agree and I don't think it is a bad thing either. For me, another BIG difference is the lack of movement needed to get on target compared to the vertical bow. I shot my first deer with a crossbow this year, It was kind of anti-climactic in some ways. I did not get the rush of excitement like I do with the bow.

All of the heart pounding nervousness I experience when trying to stand, position myself and draw back on a deer, in complete silence and without detection is the real rush, for me anyway. When a buck abruptly swings his head to look up from 15 yards away as you are about to draw, you freeze, thinking he can surely hear your heart beating. You lock up and wait an eternity for him to look away for a split second so you can draw. That's what I love about it.  When that doe looked up at me with the crossbow, I just pulled the trigger. Done. It is flat out easier in many ways, but that is not a bad thing either.   I'll still use the X-Bow, but I'm already looking at a new Hoyt for next season!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Easy, it gives more people more time in the woods, and making crossbow hunters go through the archery class is a positive.

Now, tell us all why it would be such a bad thing.

It doesn't belong in archery season , ya I know "but but but ,it has a string and a arrow. " 

It also has a scope and the ability to hold at full draw ,which is illegal to have that capability on a compound bow. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

It doesn't belong in archery season , ya I know "but but but ,it has a string and a arrow. " 

It also has a scope and the ability to hold at full draw ,which is illegal to have that capability on a compound bow. 

So those are your opinions, which you are more than welcome to have, but again I ask, why would inclusion be a bad thing? I gave you two fact based positives, you gave me a couple of your opinions about crossbows.

BTW, nothing illegal about adding a scope to a compound bow (yes, they do make them), and as long as you have the permit, you can add a draw lock to a bow in NY.

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

why firearms. there is no powder and it shoots an arrow. sounds like archery by crossbow guys definition to me. I'll even hang a string from it if it helps :)

You are leaving out parts of the "crossbow guys" definition of archery....

Limbs storing energy which is transferred to a string which then transfers the energy to the firing of an arrow tipped with the proper broadhead = archery

Air propulsion of an arrow = airgun

I have no problem with airguns being legalized and added to firearms season.

That's why I also threw in a season of its own. Bow a couple 3 weeks starting the first and then Xbow a couple 3 until gun opens. Then both could have their time and it won't be it the same season so bow could not cry the blues and each would have time. My bet would be the Xbow would sell more tags or just as many as bow. Hence cash for DEC even with dropping Hunter numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea great idea... How about we make a week of gun season for 308's, one for 30-06's, one for 243's and the DEC can sell us a separate tag for each week and we can all go out and buy said calibers so we can hunt the gun season!? You just have all of the answers, everyone else on the forum is just dumb. You must have fun toying with all of us imbeciles...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yea great idea... How about we make a week of gun season for 308's, one for 30-06's, one for 243's and the DEC can sell us a separate tag for each week and we can all go out and buy said calibers so we can hunt the gun season!? You just have all of the answers, everyone else on the forum is just dumb. You must have fun toying with all of us imbeciles...

If it comes down to it you have the choice to drop out. You will still be able to play with your guns when the time comes. Most the rest of us will pony up and spend the extra money to help keep things rollin in Ny state.....Oh and we will also enjoy the best hunting for those few xtra dollars we spend. We will be sure to post pic's for ya!

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So those are your opinions, which you are more than welcome to have, but again I ask, why would inclusion be a bad thing? I gave you two fact based positives, you gave me a couple of your opinions about crossbows.

BTW, nothing illegal about adding a scope to a compound bow (yes, they do make them), and as long as you have the permit, you can add a draw lock to a bow in NY.

Your points are also opinions ,they just happen to be yours so you are giving them more credit then mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You are leaving out parts of the "crossbow guys" definition of archery....

Limbs storing energy which is transferred to a string which then transfers the energy to the firing of an arrow tipped with the proper broadhead = archery

Air propulsion of an arrow = airgun

I have no problem with airguns being legalized and added to firearms season.

limbs storage of energy is that much of a differentiation for you?

It is literally the only difference between an air gun and a crossbow. Both have optics and have permanent stored energy that is released with the pull of a trigger. 

If it comes down to it you have the choice to drop out. You will still be able to play with your guns when the time comes. Most the rest of us will pony up and spend the extra money to help keep things rollin in Ny state.....Oh and we will also enjoy the best hunting for those few xtra dollars we spend. We will be sure to post pic's for ya!

Why don't you make up your mind instead of talking out of both sides of your large mouth? In one post you're concerned about license revenue and in the next you're telling anyone who doesn't like the seasons to stop hunting them? And I do see everyone else posting pics of their kills, funny thing is I don't ever see you. Feel free to point me to where I can find your deer kills from this year, or for that matter anything constructive on the site from you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Once we got over the fact nobody really cares about what exactly archery is  anymore why not  just let in airbow much safer to operate.  It uses a arrow or bolt close enough. 

Or at least get rid of the limb width rule  

Why don't you make up your mind instead of talking out of both sides of your large mouth? In one post you're concerned about license revenue and in the next you're telling anyone who doesn't like the seasons to stop hunting them? And I do see everyone else posting pics of their kills, funny thing is I don't ever see you. Feel free to point me to where I can find your deer kills from this year, or for that matter anything constructive on the site from you.

Point being that most won't whine about shit like you and would have no problem supporting things that may save the sport in this state. On a side note. is?d2b2b35c6aa226630259de6ae0c3ef8d.jpg&key=36a285e70bd6e7e139c4ca2acb9fcbd2f15907eb601e88d4f45fa05e0ce6e74c

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Your points are also opinions ,they just happen to be yours so you are giving them more credit then mine. 

No, what I stated were two reasons that are facts (it would give opportunity to more people to hunt during bow season and crossbow hunters would have to take the archery course), not opinions. The only opinion part are that they would be positive things. What I asked you was to give some reasons why inclusion would be a negative thing, not what parts of a crossbow dont you like.

• Like 1