Any Long Island processors?

broadside

This taxidermist also does butchering according to his webpage.  I think he used to post on this forum actually.

Fins to Feathers Taxidermy Rich Dunlop
131 Conklin Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Email: [email protected]
Office hours are by appointment. Please call ahead.
(516) 847-0087

http://alllongislandtaxidermy.com/

Edited by steve863

6 hours ago, steve863 said:

This taxidermist also does butchering according to his webpage.  I think he used to post on this forum actually.

Fins to Feathers Taxidermy Rich Dunlop
131 Conklin Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Email: [email protected]
Office hours are by appointment. Please call ahead.
(516) 847-0087

http://alllongislandtaxidermy.com/

hes good ,my friend brought his head from alberta there.He had some meat cut up in a box ready to wrap and he had back straps and some roast and some steaks .He get $100. I do my own so I am fussy and get a lot of grind but you have to understand these guys are busy and they just do the primal cuts no neck and no grind or stew meat . I have a guy in howard beach a butcher I get a crown roast for Christmas and  leg of lamb for easter he wants me to skin it[ the city health dept gets on butchers about the hair so I figured if im going to skin it its another 2 hrs work to cut it and vacuum seal it PLUS make stew meat and grind

15 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

hes good ,my friend brought his head from alberta there.He had some meat cut up in a box ready to wrap and he had back straps and some roast and some steaks .He get $100. I do my own so I am fussy and get a lot of grind but you have to understand these guys are busy and they just do the primal cuts no neck and no grind or stew meat . I have a guy in howard beach a butcher I get a crown roast for Christmas and  leg of lamb for easter he wants me to skin it[ the city health dept gets on butchers about the hair so I figured if im going to skin it its another 2 hrs work to cut it and vacuum seal it PLUS make stew meat and grind

skin a deer in 10min with a golf ball and some rope.

no I know I do it too BUT see how much meat was on the skin, what I do is cut the skin off the hams and legs and up the neck then hook it up to my atv or if im home me and my neighbor just pull it down  warm or cold It comes off pretty easily most important is to take my time the hair get all over the place.What I do after I skin it is I take a propane torch to it and singe all the hair off [ LIGHTLY DONT COOK THE MEAT] then wipe the meat down with a damp cloth . Oh and WATCH  the ticks I butcher and skin in my camo bow out fit [see the bow seasons done and it still has the sawyers on it] and the end of the season I wash everything and store w/ some scent wafers in my storage box