Said goodbye to my best friend today

Jdubs

20 hours ago, MPHunter said:

JDubs, I've clicked on this post a few times and have read all the replies, each time with a tear in my eye. I too had a yellow lab whose name was Jake. This past July we had to make the decision to put him down. Hardest thing I have had to do to end the life of my right hand man of 14 years. It sounds like your pup had similar issues as mine. Feel good that you did the right thing to end the suffering and he is in a better place. God bless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So sorry, MPH!  Hard not to get choked up again reading about your Jake.  Sounds like both our Jake's were huge parts of our families.  It was an agonizing decision for me too.  I can only hope it was the right one, but I won't know until my day comes too.  He went peacefully at home, that's the only part I feel good about for now.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 7:19 PM, slayer said:

Hang in there man. Go get a new puppy. im never without dogs.

Fortunately, we have 2 rescue dogs, Mindy and Brody.  They both paused and were totally still and silent at the moment Jake passed.  I have no words to explain it.  

On 12/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, The Jerkman said:

Sorry to see another handsome dog go! At first glance I was thinking to myself how did you get a picture of my Hunter! Sadly we had to put him down 2 years ago just before Thanksgiving. It's never an easy thing to do, but on the bright side at least you two got 16 amazing years together! Dogs are just the best!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you.  I never could have imagined what the next 16 years would be like when I picked Jake (or he picked me) from that litter of 6 adorable yellow lab pups jumping in my lap.