Venison for dogs

nodeerhere

4 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Idk my buddie always takes my deer scraps, mostly the rear bones and shakes, cooks them in some water for a bit then gives them to the dogs. Sometimes raw. 

I’ve also gone swimming directly after eating , peed into the wind    I’m just repeating what mrs TF said when I asked her    Definitely do not give dogs real bones either 

• Like 2

I probably cook up 60-100 lbs of venison scraps every fall for my muts.  They absolutely love the stuff.

As far as raw, there's as many vets out there recommending raw diets as those who don't.  My sister has made her own raw food with supplements for her two, and the one is 13 yrs old with no issues. 

My Beagle loves venison But I make sure its cooked and she gets no bones.being only a 13''she is to little to and my baby she does get some left over meat chicken scraps from dinner but try not to give her to much.Also onions,garlic is also no good for dogs.

A girl that used to work for me would pay some crazy amount of money every week at a "Dog Health Food Store" to buy frozen ground venison for her tiny little Yorki. She fed it to her raw. Bravo was the brand and they still sell it.

Seems crazy to me, I agree with TF's wife, my Blue Weimaraner-couch potato is no wild animal. I have no problem giving him cooked venison though and of course he loves it.

Edited by FatBoyD

Been feeding both my dogs venison for awhile now. They love it. I usually make them a pound of ground venison with 6 eggs and two bags of boil in a bag rice.

I brown the ground venison then turn down the heat and toss the eggs in. Mix that around until the eggs are cooked and then mix in rice. Sometimes I will cut up some carrots or other veggies we have laying around for some extra vitamins.

I’m sure there’s plenty of ways to make venison for your dogs but this is what I do and my dogs seem to be extremely happy with it.

• Like 3

Been feeding both my dogs venison for awhile now. They love it. I usually make them a pound of ground venison with 6 eggs and two bags of boil in a bag rice.

I brown the ground venison then turn down the heat and toss the eggs in. Mix that around until the eggs are cooked and then mix in rice. Sometimes I will cut up some carrots or other veggies we have laying around for some extra vitamins.

I’m sure there’s plenty of ways to make venison for your dogs but this is what I do and my dogs seem to be extremely happy with it.

Throw some Mighty Taco on there and I would be extremely happy too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Throw some Mighty Taco on there and I would be extremely happy too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. They sure are some spoiled rotten pups. My buddy thinks I’m crazy feeding them good venison but it actually saves me a bunch of money. Pro plan or blue Buffalo ain’t cheap. I have people fill doe tags for me for the extra meat. I already have lots of eggs on hand and rice doesn’t cost much at all.

6 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Haha. They sure are some spoiled rotten pups. My buddy thinks I’m crazy feeding them good venison but it actually saves me a bunch of money. Pro plan or blue Buffalo ain’t cheap. I have people fill doe tags for me for the extra meat. I already have lots of eggs on hand and rice doesn’t cost much at all.

Send me your addy for mighty taco  sauce.  Just sayin 

8 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Ran out of rice this morning. So they were a bit less spoiled today.
4ca136bba342bbc0b2853c54d7ec410e.jpg
7aec56e519c4702e55c34a68f1ddd447.jpg
1675a1bccfda9b138395a904c8276ddd.jpg
1c0c36525fb3fa2cf31d31ca483e3d3b.jpg
64e2af1d8967e0097d119d1cc0f78333.jpg
0666ce54c128fee48a51217975449cd1.jpg

Other than missing the rice this is what I feed my furry friends. They can’t get enough of it

I'm a glutten could I get some toast please.Looks great and if your pups wont eat that then they are spoiled rotten JK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Ran out of rice this morning. So they were a bit less spoiled today.
4ca136bba342bbc0b2853c54d7ec410e.jpg
7aec56e519c4702e55c34a68f1ddd447.jpg
1675a1bccfda9b138395a904c8276ddd.jpg
1c0c36525fb3fa2cf31d31ca483e3d3b.jpg
64e2af1d8967e0097d119d1cc0f78333.jpg
0666ce54c128fee48a51217975449cd1.jpg

Other than missing the rice this is what I feed my furry friends. They can’t get enough of it

How many dogs? Do you give them that every day?