What are your Land projects for 2019

hinge cut and return re-establish a sanctuary/bedding area that has matured and thinned out over time.

hit all the TSI and logged areas to remove invasive honeysuckle, buckthorn, etc before it's harder to get into with equipment.

put in a mid to late season food plot in a secluded spot that's already being bush hogged every year.

put in an early (september - october draw) food plot that's buried into cover and adjacent to a three landowner boundary with a sanctuary on the neighbors and harvested ag/corn field on the other neighbors. 

ł have about an acre on a ledge backed up to a very steep incline ł would like to clear cut. Nothing of value to wildlife in this little chunk.

All timber that ł cut will make its way to my woodrack.

Plan is to replant the entire section with a handful of White Oak, Red Oak, Dunstan CN and Persimmons.

This is in the "center" of my property and sees a good amount of travel from Deer, Turkey and Grouse. 

There are trails on all four sides of the acre section which ł will plant a clover mix on, my plan is to break up the rectangular area (Approx 150'x300') in to a grid with 18 50'x50' sections.

Each 50'x50' grid squares will get a mast bearing tree, this should allow plenty of room to grow and ample sunlight.

Attached picture shows topography, red lines are my property border, purple lines are deer travel routes, green is the acre ł plan on clearing and the orange is an area full of crab apple trees they like to bed in.

This is planning for the long haul, clearly ł won't see a difference immediately but by the time ł have kids and they're old enough to hunt this honeyhole will be mature enough to be appreciated by them and future generations.

20181213_100354.jpg

Edited by XGX7PM
  • Like 1