Deer Season Flying Bye

landtracdeerhunter

Remember as a kid, when summer vacation lasted forever, and when you thought Christmas would never arrive?

Now, summer is gone in the blink of an eye, and Christmas is here and gone before you know it. 

Deer season, we are looking forward to, and preparing for nine and a half long months. And then, "poof" it's over for another year.

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

Time goes by with the same speed as always,we are just used to the routine and that makes it seem go faster. 

It is as with all a matter of perspective.

Yeah, sort of like the ride always seems shorter on the way back!!!

• Like 1

I don’t know. October 1st through the end of the regular season is a lot of dedication a lot of early wake up calls and a lot of time waiting for that one perfect deer and that one perfect shot. By the end of this weekend I’ll be glad it’s over and will look forward to sleeping in on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I don’t know. October 1st through the end of the regular season is a lot of dedication a lot of early wake up calls and a lot of time waiting for that one perfect deer and that one perfect shot. By the end of this weekend I’ll be glad it’s over and will look forward to sleeping in on the weekend.

I hunt harder during bow and take gun season not very serious at all. It is easier to get the freezer filled during gun season,but i have no patience for sitting much by then. I have been out some,but i am pretty relaxed about it.

I probably wont be when there is one or two days left during muzzle season and the one doe i have now is all i have then,lol.

• Like 1

Funny to me it seems like immediate moments go quite quickly(where did the season go?) and yet longer “goals” seem to be taking their sweetass time(STILL 14 years to retirement!).
Not sure how to feel about passage of time except to say enjoy ALL of what we get that’s good, slog through the stuff that sucks since it will make the good stuff all the sweeter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Seems like each deer season for 4 years running now I get ONE shot each season.  I think this year is my 3rd year in a row where ive screwed it up.  Not shots during gun.

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

sure is flying by. I blame my kids and life though. only 7 sits under my belt this year so far. 

Personal life has reeked havoc on my deer season this year, but my kids come first. You have 4 more sits then me...lol...but in the sake of filling the freezer in those sits i went 3 for 3, so no complaints from me. Just hoping to finish off with one more at the tail end of ML.

I put in alot of hours this season and less to show for it than prior years. Actually more hours than the prior two seasons combined. Last weekend was the first time where I slowed down on the hunting focus. I'll be in the woods Sat PM and Sunday though, more or less for enjoyment and then a serious day of muzzleloader before I am all done for the year. Effort and results didn't align this year, but I am OK with it. Had fun and really just fueled me for next season.

• Like 2