New Bow 2019

chrisw

Anyone else in the market for a new bow this year? What are your thoughts on particular bows? I've been researching/shooting a few now and I've got a strong leader at this point but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, there's still a bow I'd like to shoot. I've owned my Bowtech RPM 360 for 4 years now and although I think it is a great bow, it's never really been "the" bow for me. I shoot well with it but I've never been able to truly tame it like some of my past bows. It's a 31" ATA, 6"BH bow which is screaming fast but I'm looking back toward a slightly longer ATA and possibly a bit longer brace height. Right now I'm thinking of the Bowtech Realm X, 345fps, 6.5" brace, 33 " axle to axle and it held really well against probably the hardest back wall I've ever felt. I'd still like to get my hands on an Obsession FXL though to shoot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Anyone else in the market for a new bow this year? What are your thoughts on particular bows? I've been researching/shooting a few now and I've got a strong leader at this point but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, there's still a bow I'd like to shoot. I've owned my Bowtech RPM 360 for 4 years now and although I think it is a great bow, it's never really been "the" bow for me. I shoot well with it but I've never been able to truly tame it like some of my past bows. It's a 31" ATA, 6"BH bow which is screaming fast but I'm looking back toward a slightly longer ATA and possibly a bit longer brace height. Right now I'm thinking of the Bowtech Realm X, 345fps, 6.5" brace, 33 " axle to axle and it held really well against probably the hardest back wall I've ever felt. I'd still like to get my hands on an Obsession FXL though to shoot.

For what’s its worth I’ve seen a bowtech realm on archery talk for sale may be able to get it cheaper off there 

For what’s its worth I’ve seen a bowtech realm on archery talk for sale may be able to get it cheaper off there 
Yea once I know exactly what I want I'll definitely look around but I do like the idea of supporting my small local shop even if it costs a bit more but we'll see!

The Realm X is on my radar too but the limb issues they continue to have are definitely a concern. Chances are I’ll get another Elite. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on Lawdwaz new Ritual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What limb issues? I've been reading forums and watching videos non stop and I haven't come across any issues?

Haven’t looked yet but in between ice fishing and open water I’ll start driving around shooting all the new bows if I find one I like more than my realm I’ll get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are your thoughts after owning the realm? The X is a bit different specs but not terribly different.

What are your thoughts after owning the realm? The X is a bit different specs but not terribly different.

Of all the bows I shot this year it was my favorite, quiet, smooth, forgiving, I like how easy it was to tune. No regrets in buying it it will take a hell of a bow to make me want a new one this year but we will see.

Every year I shoot all of the premier bows if I find one I like more than my current bow I buy it. Sometimes I buy new every year sometimes I keep my old one for a few years. I shot a bowtech experience for 4 years before I found something I liked more. The last 2 bows have only lasted a year.

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Of all the bows I shot this year it was my favorite, quiet, smooth, forgiving, I like how easy it was to tune. No regrets in buying it it will take a hell of a bow to make me want a new one this year but we will see.

Every year I shoot all of the premier bows if I find one I like more than my current bow I buy it. Sometimes I buy new every year sometimes I keep my old one for a few years. I shot a bowtech experience for 4 years before I found something I liked more. The last 2 bows have only lasted a year.

Look out buckmaster,you are developing nextbowitis to go along with nexthillitis..

I am in the market for a new/used one as well,but havent had a chance to shoot any yet.

Look out buckmaster,you are developing nextbowitis to go along with nexthillitis..
I am in the market for a new/used one as well,but havent had a chance to shoot any yet.

Haha, when you’re debt free and live very cheaply you have to come up with things to waste money on. I have more fun setting up new bows and getting them perfectly tuned than I do hunting with them. I liked my experience so much and couldn’t find a new bow I liked more for so long I started shooting recurved and long bows.

10 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Haha, when you’re debt free and live very cheaply you have to come up with things to waste money on. I have more fun setting up new bows and getting them perfectly tuned than I do hunting with them. I liked my experience so much and couldn’t find a new bow I liked more for so long I started shooting recurved and long bows.

Hey,I have an idea. When i get my new used bow i can let you tune it up perfectly. I don't know enough to do it.

• Like 1

What limb issues? I've been reading forums and watching videos non stop and I haven't come across any issues?

Bowtech has a rich history of limbs splintering, pretty well documented. Search archery talk you’ll be reading all day. I personally have owned five with zero problems though. One of them, the General, had issues they corrected with replacement limbs that were reinforced at the tips

self bow baby!  Would really like to make one and kill a deer with it.  Milling the cams will be difficult though.  lol

Maybe not... one of my boys is an engineer at Tesla, he’s made all kids of cool things on the CNC machines there! Let me know when you want to try it!

• Like 1

Bowtech has a rich history of limbs splintering, pretty well documented. Search archery talk you’ll be reading all day. I personally have owned five with zero problems though. One of them, the General, had issues they corrected with replacement limbs that were reinforced at the tips

They used to use laminated limbs, I'm not sure about all of their models but I know the Realm Series do not have laminated limbs at all. That should solve the delamination issue.

Shoot the Prime. After shooting a Mathews for years I picked up a Prime on AT. Not a flag ship bow but was really happy with the draw. I can’t wait to shoot the new CT5 

Tell the truth. Mathews dropped you as a sponsor