New Bow 2019

chrisw

After going to a short axle to axle bow (31" or less) I've decided they aren't for me. I shoot far better with 33"+. Which kind of sucks because bows keep getting shorter and shorter. I love how they market the short bows as "great for tree stand hunting" please... My first compound was probably 45" and I never once had an issue in a tree stand. Now they'll try to tell you a 30" bow is too big and you need a 28" ATA.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisw said:

After going to a short axle to axle bow (31" or less) I've decided they aren't for me. I shoot far better with 33"+. Which kind of sucks because bows keep getting shorter and shorter. I love how they market the short bows as "great for tree stand hunting" please... My first compound was probably 45" and I never once had an issue in a tree stand. Now they'll try to tell you a 30" bow is too big and you need a 28" ATA.

The specs on the Ritual seem perfect for me ,33.25 A to A and a 6.75 brace height.

The specs on the Ritual seem perfect for me ,33.25 A to A and a 6.75 brace height.
What are they putting it at IBO speed? I've shot a couple of Elite's, while they did shoot and feel nice, I felt like they're behind the game a bit in speed.

57 minutes ago, chrisw said:

What are they putting it at IBO speed? I've shot a couple of Elite's, while they did shoot and feel nice, I felt like they're behind the game a bit in speed.

I can't recall the exact number ,330 something comes to mind . I'm not in to speed of the arrow ,i subscribe to the theory that you should be around 260-270 anything faster and you should add weight to the arrow to achieve those speeds .  

On 12/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, chrisw said:

Anyone else in the market for a new bow this year? What are your thoughts on particular bows? I've been researching/shooting a few now and I've got a strong leader at this point but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, there's still a bow I'd like to shoot. I've owned my Bowtech RPM 360 for 4 years now and although I think it is a great bow, it's never really been "the" bow for me. I shoot well with it but I've never been able to truly tame it like some of my past bows. It's a 31" ATA, 6"BH bow which is screaming fast but I'm looking back toward a slightly longer ATA and possibly a bit longer brace height. Right now I'm thinking of the Bowtech Realm X, 345fps, 6.5" brace, 33 " axle to axle and it held really well against probably the hardest back wall I've ever felt. I'd still like to get my hands on an Obsession FXL though to shoot.

i've shot the RPM 360. i could see it being a handful if you get lax with shooting. not really what i think of as a hunting bow. even for western stuff.

15 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

can't justify ditching my 2011 PSE Evo it works. i've gotten newer bows since and sold them. only one i've kept was my 3D rig which is a 39" ata Elite Victory.

i'll be shooting my 2011 Pure again this year . I have a 2015 Synergy that i should be selling after the holidays . I probably wont get a new bow for another couple years . I did recently buy 70 pound limbs for the Pure when i choose to upgrade.

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

I feel the same. My Halon is 33” and my Prime is 35 I prefer the longer ATA but the big cams in the Mathews seems like it shoots longer. I really want to go back to single limbs to. I may sell the Mathews but for what guys are selling them for I’ll probably keep forever no way I’m giving it away.

Mathews came out with 3 bows this year that break the sound barrier. Shoot a Mathews!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathews came out with 3 bows this year that break the sound barrier. Shoot a Mathews!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've messed with a couple of Mathews and just never was impressed. They seem to be going shorter and shorter ATA and I'm going the opposite it seems. I'm not brand loyal at all so I'm not opposed in the future though.

Anyone get their mitts on an Obsession bow? Other than hyping their IBO a bit I haven't heard anything too negative? My buddy has one but he's a lefty so I can't try it out. I will say they have the best color options for riser/cam/limbs in the industry. They certainly are no cheaper than the top companies (other than Hoyt who wants $1500 for the RX bows).

Anyone get their mitts on an Obsession bow? Other than hyping their IBO a bit I haven't heard anything too negative? My buddy has one but he's a lefty so I can't try it out. I will say they have the best color options for riser/cam/limbs in the industry. They certainly are no cheaper than the top companies (other than Hoyt who wants $1500 for the RX bows).

I think Moog shoots Obsessions maybe he will chime in. I’ve never heard a bad review of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Yeah, just picked up a sweet black friday deal on an Obsession Turmoil RZ for under $500.Still getting it set up but it draws and holds awesome. Also, the grip is great...I know it's gonna be a shooter!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Yeah, just picked up a sweet black friday deal on an Obsession Turmoil RZ for under $500.Still getting it set up but it draws and holds awesome. Also, the grip is great...I know it's gonna be a shooter!

I have had an obsession for 3 years.  80lb phoenix.  great bow.  I am sure you will be very happy with the new turmoil!

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have had an obsession for 3 years.  80lb phoenix.  great bow.  I am sure you will be very happy with the new turmoil!

I shot a 2012 Lethal Force for 5 seasons until I got my Xpedition Xplorer SS. The turmoil is basically a upgraded hybrid cam version of the '12 LF. Should be a deer killing machine!!!!

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

was looking for a triax last year but life got in the way. Also as a 30" draw guy I wasn't a fan of the short ATA. The new vertix is right where I'd want it, so I'm hoping to give her a try this spring.

and PSA to members. I like matthews, no need to send your hate 

Don't worry, I HATE realtree camo even more...lol.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

• 5 weeks later...