New Bow 2019

chrisw

Well I looked around at a fair number of bows to replace my RPM360, I wanted something a bit longer ATA, a bit longer in brace height and without sacrificing too much speed to do it. I wasn't brand loyal but I just kept coming right back to this bow over and over again. I went and shot it and it felt great from the start. Relatively easy to draw, probably the most solid back wall I've ever felt and little hand shock on the bare bow. I looked around a bit as I loved the flat dark earth color right away and found a great deal on eBay and won the auction. Started all over with arrows this year also, good tips have always served me well but I just wanted a slim diameter arrow that was between 10-11 GPI which is a lot harder than you would think. I was amazed how many of the hunting arrows are 8GPI. The Full Metal Jackets were a bit heavier than I wanted at 12GPI so I went with the same diameter Axis which comes in at 10.7 GPI which according to my research should still put me right about 300FPS. Hopefully I'll get it set up in the next week or so and I'll keep this thread posted with any findings! IMG_20190108_082106057.jpegIMG_20190108_082117164.jpegIMG_20190108_082150822.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well I looked around at a fair number of bows to replace my RPM360, I wanted something a bit longer ATA, a bit longer in brace height and without sacrificing too much speed to do it. I wasn't brand loyal but I just kept coming right back to this bow over and over again. I went and shot it and it felt great from the start. Relatively easy to draw, probably the most solid back wall I've ever felt and little hand shock on the bare bow. I looked around a bit as I loved the flat dark earth color right away and found a great deal on eBay and won the auction. Started all over with arrows this year also, good tips have always served me well but I just wanted a slim diameter arrow that was between 10-11 GPI which is a lot harder than you would think. I was amazed how many of the hunting arrows are 8GPI. The Full Metal Jackets were a bit heavier than I wanted at 12GPI so I went with the same diameter Axis which comes in at 10.7 GPI which according to my research should still put me right about 300FPS. Hopefully I'll get it set up in the next week or so and I'll keep this thread posted with any findings! IMG_20190108_082106057.thumb.jpeg.68b6a375364245252a5b95e9ca542f86.jpegIMG_20190108_082117164.thumb.jpeg.56c04848d4dde8c699c1f68cccc030ff.jpegIMG_20190108_082150822.thumb.jpeg.33ea7bf5dc25521591d82de2c8ab8622.jpeg

7Z weight must be heavy since I've never seen letters used

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, chrisw said:

Well I looked around at a fair number of bows to replace my RPM360, I wanted something a bit longer ATA, a bit longer in brace height and without sacrificing too much speed to do it. I wasn't brand loyal but I just kept coming right back to this bow over and over again. I went and shot it and it felt great from the start. Relatively easy to draw, probably the most solid back wall I've ever felt and little hand shock on the bare bow. I looked around a bit as I loved the flat dark earth color right away and found a great deal on eBay and won the auction. Started all over with arrows this year also, good tips have always served me well but I just wanted a slim diameter arrow that was between 10-11 GPI which is a lot harder than you would think. I was amazed how many of the hunting arrows are 8GPI. The Full Metal Jackets were a bit heavier than I wanted at 12GPI so I went with the same diameter Axis which comes in at 10.7 GPI which according to my research should still put me right about 300FPS. Hopefully I'll get it set up in the next week or so and I'll keep this thread posted with any findings! IMG_20190108_082106057.jpegIMG_20190108_082117164.jpegIMG_20190108_082150822.jpeg

Love that color 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, Borngeechee said:

What academy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Atbuckhunter and his crew run a club out in LI.  They hold a seminar every year during the summer.  Good peoples.  I've hung out with them a couple of times.  ProLine in Queens also are a helpful bunch.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Borngeechee said:

What academy?

Im part of a club out in huntington station with another member from here. More than happy to take you out there to shoot. Like Elmo said, we have a bowhunter rondevous every year as well as a ton of shoots (some are open to the public). 

• Like 1

Im part of a club out in huntington station with another member from here. More than happy to take you out there to shoot. Like Elmo said, we have a bowhunter rondevous every year as well as a ton of shoots (some are open to the public). 
Cool I'm only like 30 minutes from Huntington Station. I'd love to come through.

• Like 1

Cool I'm only like 30 minutes from Huntington Station. I'd love to come through.

I haven’t been to the LI Academy, but can vouch for Elmo and AT as being great guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Tacks was referring to the Western NY Academy, held in someone’s backyard.  

No. The WNY one is the Academy II or junior version. They took the idea from AT’s Long Island original version. Like the sun, it takes a while to move across the state

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No. The WNY one is the Academy II or junior version. They took the idea from AT’s Long Island original version. Like the sun, it takes a while to move across the state

Theres only one "the academy" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tacks was referring to the Western NY Academy, held in someone’s backyard.  

Yeah...they meet at 3:30 pm on Tuesdays so they can shoot and still

Make 4:15 earlybird dinner. Lights out when the street lights turn on boys?

• Like 3