How do you figure out who is the best deer hunter ?

Hunter007

The  fighting on the crossbow inclusion thread got me wondering about this .

So how do you determine who is better then who  at deer hunting 

When every one is hunting different plots of land with different Terrain?  Different amount of hunters per square miles different amounts of deer per square mile .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

It's determined by the total chest measure of deer youve taken each season multiplied by the antler spread of each buck then divided by the amount of likes on harvest posts and then squared to the distance you shot them at and then add 12.5 in a gradient scale with the implement in which a car is zero and a spear is worth 62.5.  easy! Duh! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Well, I know its not me. There are for sure some impressive hunters on this forum. 

I am always impressed by the guys like @buckmaster7600 that go out track a deer down and are very successful stalk hunters. I couldn't stalk a deer that was blind and deaf. 

Not to take anything away from all the great stand hunters on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's determined by the total chest measure of deer youve taken each season multiplied by the antler spread of each buck then divided by the amount of likes on harvest posts and then squared to the distance you shot them at and then add 12.5 in a gradient scale with the implement in which a car is zero and a spear is worth 62.5.  easy! Duh! 

Yep - pretty standard.

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If a car is zero and a spear is 62.5... what about bare hands??

• Haha 1

When I visited my wife's family home in Guatemala first time, I noticed a small deer rack on the wall.  Her father who had passed away killed it.  I asked how and she said with a sling shot (like a david vs goliath sling shot - stone and leather strap).  Knowing that there is now way they could afford a gun, I believe it. He won honors of the best hunter in the family immediately.  lol

• Like 6

It’s impossible, too many factors. Back in 1970 sports afield magazine named Larry Benoit the best deer hunter in America. Although I have the upmost respect for the man I don’t know how well he would have done killing big bucks in Texas or Florida.

http://brycetowsley.com/hunting/the-passing-of-a-superstar

To me the best deer hunters are the most adaptable, can break down a property and kill critters no matter the conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

As far as I no I'm the best hunter on here :) and I welcome anyone to prove me wrong all you have to do is give me hunting rights  to all your property and  if you get one bigger then me you can prove me wrong lol  1000 acre deer farms or dont waist my time lol 

Well, I for one would give you the prize for asking the most ridiculous questions on this forum.   And a box of Rice-a-Roni is about the only thing I'd give you as a prize!

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s impossible, too many factors. Back in 1970 sports afield magazine named Larry Benoit the best deer hunter in America. Although I have the upmost respect for the man I don’t know how well he would have done killing big bucks in Texas or Florida.

http://brycetowsley.com/hunting/the-passing-of-a-superstar

To me the best deer hunters are the most adaptable, can break down a property and kill critters no matter the conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember as a kid, reading that article. I held on to that issue of Sports Afield for years.

• Like 1