How do you figure out who is the best deer hunter ?

Hunter007

8 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Is your aunt single ??? Ill pm my cell#

I swear I just saw that pic on grinder uh em I mean, tinder.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sodfather said:

I bet she’s got a hell of a golf swing 

With that golf swing not thinking your dating her.  Not that theres anything wrong with that.  

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the best part of the pics for me isnt those huge, small or no antlers.  Its how happy that person is and we get to share in it and the story.  I check all the time to see how people did out hunting and am happy for each one of them.  Some of the best pics this year were from Culver and those new hunters that got deer.  Ive posted does and bucks- not to brag at all but to share with the folks on this site that we have chatted together all year with to see. And to share the story and my excitement! I'd almost feel guilty not posting them.  lol 

I think the NY big buck board is a bit different - maybe some bragging rights there - which is fine too.  But really i am just as happy for the new person that got their first doe, or a grandkid that got a deer or the guy that has hunted for 40 years and been giving me and other advice here that got a nice buck.  No jealousy.  But also glad you hunt for your enjoyment and if not posting any pics does that then very good for you too.  Its about enjoying the sport the way you want to.  Some want meat, some want antlers, some want adventure, some just want to get away, ... im kinda in for all of it and the stories that go with it.   

if we all felt this way, the world would be a better place. It's unfortunate though that the crossbow thread brought out some bad apples who felt the need to show the size of their dick and knock other members for theirs.

This goes far beyond deer hunting of course and is really more of social media in general. I dropped off facebook in the fall too. Instagram is a happier place. 

13 hours ago, Rob... said:

I'm not even reading all the replies to this thread. Here's my view, any hunter who has the balls to post them being in the woods whether they kill a deer or not. The men and women on here who post about being in the woods rather then asking questions to get view count ( I did that when I was stupid ).

I don't care who you are, the best hunters are the hunters who post about being in the woods! Doesn't matter if they fill a tag, they share the journey! Rack scores don't mean shit to me! Post up pics of the journey, and if you kill a deer the end result.

But, If I had to put a tag on who is the best single hunter on this site, It would be Larry ( Lawdwaz ). Always kills deer every season.

Another would be Growie, but we all chased her off, and she's not accepting apologies. 

I kind of think I know what you were trying to get at... but just "being in the woods" doesn't make you a good hunter man. One could even argue that better hunters spend less time in the woods, and one could certainly argue that being in the woods and NOT BEING ON YOUR FN PHONE or taking deer selfies, is an even better hunter. I've hunted 20-30 times and posted live from the woods maybe 4 times, most of those after the hunt recaps. 

My father has forgotten more than I know about deer and he doesn't post on the internet. Is he a bad hunter? Your reality is twisted. 

geez 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

I kind of think I know what you were trying to get at... but just "being in the wood" doesn't make you a good hunter man. One could even argue that better hunters spend less time in the woods, and would could certainly argue that bing in the woods and NOT BEING ON YOUR FN PHONE, is an even better hunter. I've hunted 20-30 times and posted live from the woods maybe 4 times. My father has forgotten more than I know about deer and he doesn't post on the internet. Is he a bad hunter? Your reality is twisted. 

geez 

I dont know about you but I grow up way before YouTube Facebook and the internet or cellphones and the idea that you now have to plaster your face all over the internet and try and be like some type of movie star is just strange crazy to me  I think some people get a little carried away with it . 

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I dont know about you but I grow up way before YouTube Facebook and the internet or cellphones and the idea that you now have to plaster your face all over the internet and try and be like some type of movie star is just strange crazy to me  I think some people get a little carried away with it . 

it creates a false sense of someones life too. Do they post the deer they wounded or just the one they recovered? Do they talk about the job they didn't get or only their promotion?

FYI I'm 35. I was in college when facebook started and was only for college kids lol.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

it creates a false sense of someones life too. Do they post the deer they wounded or just the one they recovered? Do they talk about the job they didn't get or only their promotion?

FYI I'm 35. I was in college when facebook started and was only for college kids lol.

I dont know maybe they think having the most likes on the hunting forum makes you the best hunter . 

What ever not my generation. 

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You guys better be careful. Your about to offend the bunch that live on that thread during the season. Oh I just saw a fawn. Ohh there's a black squirrel......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just interesting to see how things have changed from when I was a kid .

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

Are you suggesting that everyone on my Instagram isnt "living their best life!" 24/7??

• Like 2

Instead of who is the best hunter how about who is the best hunter they can be?  I have studied deer for years yet I always try to learn regardless of how many years a person has been hunting I always want to hear there story because they might have seen something I never have or experienced something really cool!  

Do I worry that someone knows more than me, hell no, I actually hope to meet and discuss with people more knowledgeable than myself and people with less knowledge still have information that always interests me. 

I do like the idea of hunting multiple locations to see how you compare to other hunters but it still would not always prove who is a better hunter.  Simply put too many factors go into how well a person hunts and the style they hunt, weather and current patterns are also big factors.  

Is the guy who shot his first deer the fist day out in the first hour a better hunter than someone who has been hunting the area for years and has never taken a shot?

Is a big ADK 8 pt less of a deer than a 150 class 12 point taken from a tree on Long Island?  Would that deer mean more if I shot it with a long bow vs compound vs gun vs crossbow vs muzzleloader?  Would it be considered bad if I was up in a tree vs on the ground, ground blind vs stalking?

Some of things we argue about are really trivial.  Don't worry about what the other guy does, worry about how well you are doing!

Buddy tells me he does not like all the snobs at my archery range then tells me I am using training wheels on my compound bow, lmao!  We seem to love a good fight even if its with our brothers and sisters!  Carry on!

• Like 3