How do you figure out who is the best deer hunter ?

Hunter007

2 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Instead of who is the best hunter how about who is the best hunter they can be?  I have studied deer for years yet I always try to learn regardless of how many years a person has been hunting I always want to hear there story because they might have seen something I never have or experienced something really cool!  

Do I worry that someone knows more than me, hell no, I actually hope to meet and discuss with people more knowledgeable than myself and people with less knowledge still have information that always interests me. 

I do like the idea of hunting multiple locations to see how you compare to other hunters but it still would not always prove who is a better hunter.  Simply put too many factors go into how well a person hunts and the style they hunt, weather and current patterns are also big factors.  

Is the guy who shot his first deer the fist day out in the first hour a better hunter than someone who has been hunting the area for years and has never taken a shot?

Is a big ADK 8 pt less of a deer than a 150 class 12 point taken from a tree on Long Island?  Would that deer mean more if I shot it with a long bow vs compound vs gun vs crossbow vs muzzleloader?  Would it be considered bad if I was up in a tree vs on the ground, ground blind vs stalking?

Some of things we argue about are really trivial.  Don't worry about what the other guy does, worry about how well you are doing!

Buddy tells me he does not like all the snobs at my archery range then tells me I am using training wheels on my compound bow, lmao!  We seem to love a good fight even if its with our brothers and sisters!  Carry on!

nail it!  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Anyone want to help this young lady improve her form a bit?

Looks a little top heavy thus creating the excess bow in her back.

Could offset some of that with a 4" doinker stabilizer mounted in the rear!:crazy:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Anyone want to help this young lady improve her form a bit?

D97EA186-64CE-40A0-B47C-5F3A0F13DE79.jpeg

she shoots a new mathews. high maintenance and can't listen to well. to her credit though she's keeping good form with such a heavy black bow putting so much pressure on her face. i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt she's not squared up to the target, instead of having a botched boob job. another issue. Biz's aunt could totally out shoot her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Youre married, you have nothing to worry about :taunt:

i got a good nights sleep over the course of well more than normal... next i know my wife has a new flagship PSE Pro Series bow with custom arrows and top of the line accessories. i don't think it's left the case in a couple years.