hunter49

Taking down ground blinds

So, how many guys feel like they are trying to screw a football when trying to fold up your ground blind & put it in the carrying bag/container??  I took mine down & it was like wrestling with an alligator. The hubs don't fold  or match up nothing goes where it belongs.    Worked up a sweat & cursing & calling it every name in the book.  If someone was watching they would have been laughing their ass off.  I can't be the only one, come on tell the truth.  lol

• Haha 1

LOL! Yeah, I agree. I pulled mine last weekend, there was a foot of snow on and around it so that was fun. I was tripping and falling over buried logs and branches and ended up soaking wet from sweat and melting snow.  I didn't even attempt to put it in the bag, I bunched it up, put a bungee on it and put it in my Jet Sled. Once I got home I opened it in the garage to dry off before putting it in the bag. It took a few minutes, but it went in.

Edited by FatBoyD
  • Like 1

no problems using my lucky's hunting blinds - of course they are not hub blinds! pull up stakes fold one end o the other and done. same as putting up - takes about 30 seconds.

check em out if you get a chance - been using my 2 blinds for 10+ years and has taken every snow load thrown at them. I take them down right after muzzleloader season and put them up in September.

stopped using hub blinds 10+ years ago because they were a pain to take down

http://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/

• Like 1

NRA Life Member

Buckmaster's Life Member

Ha-ha-ha..... This topic is so funny because it is so true. I always get them back in the bags, but never know exactly how I did it. If you wrestle with it long enough, usually some happy accident unknowingly happens.....but only after I am reduced to a cursing idiot. How in hell did they ever figure out that design?

• Like 3

Those darn hub blinds are a bit tricky folding back up . I will have 2 to wrestle with later this year . 

97.3% of statistics are made up
Semper Fi !

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver !

The snow and ice crushed mine. I will get it in the spring and toss it in the garbage.

This makes me laugh.  My father-in-law went with me to take down a hub blind here at the house.  I guess he needed something to do.  He tried to "help", but finally realized that there is no reasoning with a hub blind.  "Turn it clock-wise, no counter clockwise..."  Right.  We got it, but it's always a cluster.  It's even worse when one folds right up, because then you think you have something figured out.

We picked up two new hub blinds last spring. The first one set up and take down was a breeze when testing in the basement and field.

The second one (different brand) was a fluster cluck that wouldn't even open properly. Ended up forcing it and somehow twisted a hub 180 degrees that poked right through the side before it ever even saw the woods. Decided to haul it up the hill anyhow with half the walls open after disassembling the rods from the hub and reassembling. Then couldn't get the damn thing to collapse so had to drag the whole thing back all set up just as it sat. That one will never see the woods again, and has been converted into a shelter for my carvings in the yard,lol

View my nature photos @

http://www.pbase.com/wooly

Leave it year round and replace every 3-5 years is much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I usually buy Ameristep or Primos blinds and havent had much of an issue getting them back into their bags as long as they make it through the season and I dont just chuck them in the trash. I did have one that was a pain in the nuggets to get back in the bag, but I dont remember what brand it was. A Barronet maybe.

Man remember those wire spring blinds from years back. Got hit in the face pretty good trying to twist one of those pieces of shit into it's case once.

• Like 1

LMAO I ran out of likes, thankfully because I would have used them all up here!  We need some video on this one I think!  Also an editor to bleep out the cursing!

Leave it year round and replace every 3-5 years is much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you guys plan on building or replacing with a more permanent blind next time they need to be replaced since you guys own the property and know those spots produce deer?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I think the guy that designed Rubic's Cube also designed the Hub Blinds ! :aggressive:

97.3% of statistics are made up
Semper Fi !

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver !