I've FALLEN and I can't get UP !!

Pygmy

For you guys that get real bad cramps carry around a pack of mustard in with your hunting gear. I forget the ingredient in the mustard that does it but it stops the cramp almost immediately. Cyclists use to use that trick before the new advanced stuff has come out.

Oh and eat the mustard DO NOT rub it on the cramp. That’s an important step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I won't make fun of the poor old lady on the medic alert commercials any more...

Last Sunday night I hunted my tower and had just walked back to my truck, which was parked along the road on the property, since it was too sloppy to drive in..

Suddenly both of my legs felt like they  were full of lead, and I went down on my knees...

I tried to get back up on my feet, and did not have the strength...I placed my rifle butt in the mud  along the shoulder of the road and tried to pull myself up, but could not get my legs to work..

My truck was about 25-30 yards away, so I crawled on my hands and knees through the mud and made it to the front of the truck...I grabbed the grill with both hands and tried to pull myself to my feet, but could NOT do it....By this time I had struggled for quite awhile trying to get up, and finally decided it was futile...There I was in the mud and rain on my knees on the shoulder of the ( dirt) road.. I fumbled with my cell phone, but the light went out, and I did not have my flashlight with me...After a few minutes. a vehicle came up the road, and I waved my orange hat  and a pretty young lady stopped and asked me if I needed help....Hehehe..

I took an ambulance ride and spent the evening in the emergency room...My condition abated after awhile and they did all kinds of tests and ruled out some bad stuff like heart attack, stroke and some other stuff.....I went home that night but went to the Doc the next day...So far they have not  come up with a reason why it occurred, just a few guesses..

Unfortunately,  when I was struggling to get up, I pulled some muscles in my right thigh, so I have been gimping around dealing with that, although it is improving daily...

Getting old ain't for sissies....

That sucks Dan. Very sorry to hear this happened! Hope you get this worked out and get better fast.

You mentioned the did a lot of tests, did they do any blood clot tests? 

15 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

For you guys that get real bad cramps carry around a pack of mustard in with your hunting gear. I forget the ingredient in the mustard that does it but it stops the cramp almost immediately. Cyclists use to use that trick before the new advanced stuff has come out.

This works 100% 

In my prayers for a speedy recovery. I always get cramps in my legs I got the double wammy diabetes and poor circulation ,I get bad episodes ,once on the Teutonic pkway  I got hit bad and I just kept driving it wasn't that bad as long as I had the cruise control on and could keep my legs stretched but I hit the Bronx[ what else is new] and I had to get out and walk ,I must have had 10 people stop thinking I was having a heart attack including  a trooper. I  got home but it happens all of a sudden .I take magnesium citrate and tonic water and some sh*t the doctor gave me that I cant pronounce But when I get hit its like you its  debilitating .I see a cardio vascular guy and I get sonograms on my legs [if im nice the girl that does it heats the gel if im a bad boy she doesn't I swear that's what she says] 

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I won't make fun of the poor old lady on the medic alert commercials any more...

Last Sunday night I hunted my tower and had just walked back to my truck, which was parked along the road on the property, since it was too sloppy to drive in..

Suddenly both of my legs felt like they  were full of lead, and I went down on my knees...

I tried to get back up on my feet, and did not have the strength...I placed my rifle butt in the mud  along the shoulder of the road and tried to pull myself up, but could not get my legs to work..

My truck was about 25-30 yards away, so I crawled on my hands and knees through the mud and made it to the front of the truck...I grabbed the grill with both hands and tried to pull myself to my feet, but could NOT do it....By this time I had struggled for quite awhile trying to get up, and finally decided it was futile...There I was in the mud and rain on my knees on the shoulder of the ( dirt) road.. I fumbled with my cell phone, but the light went out, and I did not have my flashlight with me...After a few minutes. a vehicle came up the road, and I waved my orange hat  and a pretty young lady stopped and asked me if I needed help....Hehehe..

I took an ambulance ride and spent the evening in the emergency room...My condition abated after awhile and they did all kinds of tests and ruled out some bad stuff like heart attack, stroke and some other stuff.....I went home that night but went to the Doc the next day...So far they have not  come up with a reason why it occurred, just a few guesses..

Unfortunately,  when I was struggling to get up, I pulled some muscles in my right thigh, so I have been gimping around dealing with that, although it is improving daily...

Getting old ain't for sissies....

Yikes. Wishing you the best.. maybe they will finally figure out what's wrong with you..

• Like 1

WTH........Thats not what I need to hear; another buddy on the mend. Scary stuff Dan, I’m soo happy to hear you’re home and feeling somewhat better. Thank goodness you have a great wife to get you back to 110%.

Keep us posted with your progress on the pulled muscle.  PM me if you need anything special. (Culver might still have some hooch we can get to you)

My dad is 71 and swears by Mustard.....he carrys the little packs in his truck and pounds a few table spoon fulls after each hunt.
My wife always joke with him if he going to have mustard as a snack after dinner.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, My Friends, for all of your input and well wishes....

I am going to give the young lady who helped me a nice bouquet of flowers and a turkey for her family for Xmas...

Going back up to the tower tomorrow, but a buddy is taking me up with his ATV and is hunting with me, so he'll be there to help if I kill anything  or have any other problems...

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I am going to give the young lady who helped me a nice bouquet of flowers and a turkey for her family for Xmas...

Going back up to the tower tomorrow, but a buddy is taking me up with his ATV and is hunting with me, so he'll be there to help if I kill anything  or have any other problems...

Not your buddy Jack Daniels is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Not your buddy Jack Daniels is it?

Nope...It's my buddy Jack Stone, who BTW killed a nice 8 point out of my tower last night...

There have been deer in my WW food plot every evening since the  snow melted...

• Like 2

It's really frightening when you can't get up. I've been in that situation 4 or 5 times over the last two years, and I'm only 59 YO. The docs don't seem to know why. One time was in the southbound lane of Rte 14 on the way back from my mailbox. It's a busy road during the day. I did a face plant in the road, banged up my face and broke my glasses, and had a truck driver stop traffic and help me get up and get back onto my property. The last time was just a couple of months ago when I went out on my porch to see if it was raining. I looked up at the sky and the next thing I knew I was falling. I landed on a bunch of 5-gal buckets full of kindling wood and cracked a few ribs. It took me a half hour to get up, and the cracked rib pain hadn't even set in.

Feel better. I’d love to crack a joke, but I won’t.
Sounds like dehydration possibly.