I've FALLEN and I can't get UP !!

Pygmy

I'm out of "likes"....Thanks again to everybody for your thoughts, prayers and support...

I read you seem to be back to your old sarcastically dirty self (which is great and much appreciated!). Any word from the “experts” as to what actually happened? Many good theories offered above but just curious what the Dr said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

I read you seem to be back to your old sarcastically dirty self (which is great and much appreciated!). Any word from the “experts” as to what actually happened? Many good theories offered above but just curious what the Dr said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My diagnosis is he tripped over a piece of kryptonite and got weak for a quick minute.  

And def glad you are back to yourself! 

get feeling better soon Dan fishing season is coming soon. my wife will only allow me to by myself if I'm out of the house. if I want to hunt someplace else I have to have someone with me. due to my back problems after two surgeries legs don't work so well some times because of them.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, philoshop said:

It's really frightening when you can't get up. I've been in that situation 4 or 5 times over the last two years, and I'm only 59 YO. The docs don't seem to know why. One time was in the southbound lane of Rte 14 on the way back from my mailbox. It's a busy road during the day. I did a face plant in the road, banged up my face and broke my glasses, and had a truck driver stop traffic and help me get up and get back onto my property. The last time was just a couple of months ago when I went out on my porch to see if it was raining. I looked up at the sky and the next thing I knew I was falling. I landed on a bunch of 5-gal buckets full of kindling wood and cracked a few ribs. It took me a half hour to get up, and the cracked rib pain hadn't even set in.

Philo, are you taking blood pressure meds? My brother and my wife both had issues with fainting spells and it turned out to be the meds , they cause a sudden drop in blood pressure and you black out. Real scary when it happens. I don't remember the name of the drug but i can find out. Be careful !!

I went through something similar a few years ago, I'd just drop to the ground and black out for a few seconds, it was inner ear/vertigo related. Even worse was an attack while driving...scary stuff. The ENT doc gave me some shots of gentimicin in my ear, and I've been fine ever since.

Hope your are on the mend soon Dan!!!:ok:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Philo, are you taking blood pressure meds? My brother and my wife both had issues with fainting spells and it turned out to be the meds , they cause a sudden drop in blood pressure and you black out. Real scary when it happens. I don't remember the name of the drug but i can find out. Be careful !!

very very sensitive to dehydration while on those meds. I had the issue. once I really started drinking a lot of water it went away. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Good luck today, hope it's just a fluke dehydration issue or some other one-time, non-serious issue.

That appears to be what it was, Jerry....There was a vitamin d deficiency  and  a couple of other factors that MAY have led to the problem, but they are just guessing.. Hey.. I'm doing fine at the moment...Thanks, my friend...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

That appears to be what it was, Jerry....There was a vitamin d deficiency  and  a couple of other factors that MAY have led to the problem, but they are just guessing.. Hey.. I'm doing fine at the moment...Thanks, my friend...

Good news! Glad to hear that it's not serious!