Capital District WMA

tarheel95

My oldest's ski team is heading to Jiminy Peak in MA for practice tomorrow. I was just called into carpool duty for the trip. I don't ski and am debating throwing the hunting gear in the truck for a public land hunt in the capital area tomorrow rather than sitting in a lodge for 8 hours. I found the Capital District WMA in 4L as a close spot but have no local knowledge.

Anyone hit it recently? Not looking for tips or honey holes, just a sense of if it's worth it to bring the gear and if it's mobbed by orange army.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

i'd think by now hunters have moved on to other activities. hunted a lot of the public around here but not that one yet. even if it's a bust you should still hunt it. better than sitting in a lodge like you said.
That's what I figured. Looks like pretty easy terrain on the map, nice and flat with a few clear cuts. If I am motivated at zero dark thirty to pack my crap in the truck I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk