Regular season buck tag becomes either sex during late ML/Archery

turkeyfeathers

In southern zone I know. Better check northern zone

So come Monday as first day of muzzleloader if you haven't punched your gun buck you can in theory shoot 2 bucks with Regular gun tag/ and one with Archery/ML privilege tag of either sex tag. There's also combination pf 1 and 1 .

Hope this makes sense and I'm correct^_^

• Like 2

So come Monday as first day of muzzleloader if you haven't punched your gun buck you can in theory shoot 2 bucks with Regular gun tag/ and one with Archery/ML privilege tag of either sex tag. There's also combination pf 1 and 1 .
Hope this makes sense and I'm correct

That’s how the southern zone works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Hope this makes sense and I'm correct^_^

Wait, what?  Is that really right?  I thought, after regular gun season (ie, after Dec 9) you can only use the muzzle/late bow tag?  Which of course you have to purchase.  Are you saying, in addition to that, you can use a regular season tag?  

13 minutes ago, jmark said:

Wait, what?  Is that really right?  I thought, after regular gun season (ie, after Dec 9) you can only use the muzzle/late bow tag?  Which of course you have to purchase.  Are you saying, in addition to that, you can use a regular season tag?  

Yes and the reg tag becomes an either sex but you must harvest with a legal implement either ml or archery 

Several years ago the reg tag was all I had left in the late season and I punched it as my 8th harvest (4 dmp 2 archery/ml 1 DMFA and the reg tag) of the year the last Monday on a yearling doe with my bow.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Yes and the reg tag becomes an either sex

Using muzzle loader or bow of course if you bought those privileges. Yes , regular gun buck tag will be either sex tag plus your either sex ML/ archery tag.  Would be pretty neat and odd feeling shooting two bucks same day wouldn’t it. And legal 

• Like 1

From the DEC site (emphasis added): 

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons?
A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8310.html

So, is this saying that a regular season tag is valid during the late seasons, assuming you have a bow or muzz privilege?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmark said:

From the DEC site (emphasis added): 

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons?
A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8310.html

So, is this saying that a regular season tag is valid during the late seasons, assuming you have a bow or muzz privilege?  

Yes and is either sex

Edited by OtiscoPaul

not to bust balls...well..yes I guess I am gonna. Does anyone even bother to read the regulations anymore? Honestly it blows my mind when topics like this come up and so many people don't have a clue. I can understand maybe the first year of a change but come on guys. As shown in the question and answer paste above the DEC even addresses this in a special question. READ THE BOOK

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

not to bust balls...well..yes I guess I am gonna. Does anyone even bother to read the regulations anymore? Honestly it blows my mind when topics like this come up and so many people don't have a clue. I can understand maybe the first year of a change but come on guys. As shown in the question and answer paste above the DEC even addresses this in a special question. READ THE BOOK

you of all people know this will never change.