Ammo storage

Chef

How do you guys store your ammo? I just bought a few 50cal ammo cans. I’m starting to empty my gun safe at home and put all the ammo in them. Right now I have done this with 2 calibers m2ball aka WWII 30-06 surplus and 30 carbine. I have not decided what I’m going to do with 5.56 I’m thinking I’m just going to store it loose in a 50cal can. My next project is going to be my ammo
At camp as this is my current situation up here

a40ad9365b9b8dafc68fe4f5d7015db5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this after Christmas last year. I used to use one side of the gun safe, but got to where I couldn't fit more guns in there without banging them around while getting them in and out. Love the cabinet and now I've got more room in the safe for guns!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/STACK-ON-FIREPOWER-AMMO-CABINET/2045265.uts?slotId=0

I use both the plastic and metal ammo cans that have rubber gaskets to store ammo, as long as it is kept fairly cool and completely dry it lasts for a very long time in fact I read not too long ago some of the very first modern ammo manufactured that was stored under ideal conditions for many decades fired reliably. I fired some Varmint ammo I loaded some 40 years ago a little while back, it was completely reliable and grouped pretty much the same as it did the day I loaded it.

Al

I have a large industrial “flammable cabinet” that I got from a scrap years that one of the local mills were getting rid of. It’s pretty good and holds most of my loaded ammo except 5.56, 9mm and 12ga that’s just on shelves because there not room. My powder is kept in another heavy duty steel cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/9/2018 at 7:07 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

I bought this after Christmas last year. I used to use one side of the gun safe, but got to where I couldn't fit more guns in there without banging them around while getting them in and out. Love the cabinet and now I've got more room in the safe for guns!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/STACK-ON-FIREPOWER-AMMO-CABINET/2045265.uts?slotId=0

Anyway you could post some pictures, I've been looking for something like this thanks

3 hours ago, Team Hoyt said:

Anyway you could post some pictures, I've been looking for something like this thanks

No problem. One pic next to the safe for scale, one open to show the storage shelves. Each shelf fits three ammo cans with room left over. I've got an oversized range bag on the top shelf. Sturdy shelves and lots of room. $179 at Cabelas.

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

No problem. One pic next to the safe for scale, one open to show the storage shelves. Each shelf fits three ammo cans with room left over. I've got an oversized range bag on the top shelf. Sturdy shelves and lots of room. $179 at Cabelas.

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...