Ok entertain me here..

Zag

So I was talking with my dad tonight and we were kind of reflecting on the season, sighting, coyotes and birds. My dads almost 70 and he spent a good amount of time on stand during gun season and he mentioned how he didn't see or hear any chickadees, heck now that he mentioned it I don't recall hearing them either. So he asked me to ask you if you noticed or didn't notice them this yr either.

Yes , had them around a few times. Other day one landed on shooting rail. Early archery I swatted one out of the air from stand. I heard something real close to my head and instinctively swung my hand like a giant bug was about to get me lol. Chickadees almost always have a nuthatch with them too. It’s sorta odd as nuthatches colorings are extremely similar   Side note : nuthatches and brown creepers are only birds I know of that can walk headfirst down trees 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Just had them surrounding me Saturday. They are fun to watch.

Yeah they are, I made him like 20 chickadee bird houses for Xmas a couple yrs ago. We hung them all around the woods near tree stands. Great idea but they've been nothing but mouse houses.