Canastota

Just Lucky

I have a lease just outside of stota but two guys are already hunting it this week or I'd say lets go!  (course havent seen a deer there since opening day).  I am headed to a spot i have permission to bow hunt in another spot this week as well 

But if you bow hunt - verona beach state park is open for Bow only.  Have to stop and get a permit (which is just a form you fill out and leave in your vehicle - they dont even take a copy) and they also give you a map.  There is a ton of land across the road from the park.  And i have seen pics of a 10 point taken out of there this year.  There is some pheasant hunters out there , but off of Popalton road to the right headed from across the park they dont go into. And also off of Sterling road.  

When they give you a map - check out the red trail - My hunting buddies wife works there and she said when they run that trail with daily checks they see lots of deer. 

But it is bow only    

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have a lease just outside of stota but two guys are already hunting it this week or I'd say lets go!  (course havent seen a deer there since opening day).  I am headed to a spot i have permission to bow hunt in another spot this week as well 

But if you bow hunt - verona beach state park is open for Bow only.  Have to stop and get a permit (which is just a form you fill out and leave in your vehicle - they dont even take a copy) and they also give you a map.  There is a ton of land across the road from the park.  And i have seen pics of a 10 point taken out of there this year.  There is some pheasant hunters out there , but off of Popalton road to the right headed from across the park they dont go into. And also off of Sterling road.  

When they give you a map - check out the red trail - My hunting buddies wife works there and she said when they run that trail with daily checks they see lots of deer. 

But it is bow only    

Thanks. I do bow hunt but I did not bring my bow only my muzzle loader.