Local Poachers Busted

Steuben Jerry

Got every thing they deserved, maybe should have been more. For those of us in the area one can’t get more back country than  Woodhull. I hunted up there for many many years and there’s definetly no shortage  of ny rednecks in that area. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tracy06 said:

Yall are harsh on the the southern Steuben region haha I'm not far from woodhull either, spend every saturday night there in the summer time.

Racetrack, Eh ??   That's about all there is to do in Woodhull on Saturday night except, well...never mind..<<grin>>..

I'm not being harsh...I've lived in the area all my life, except for a couple of years in the employ of Uncle Sam...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Great Bust by the DEC!! ALLin their 20s too. I hope they get some Jail time for this! 17 years,16 years,6 years.   Obviously they won't get that-- but, I hope a good 3 months in the Clinker will send a message to others. I guarantee that these 3 were Poaching wild Turkeys as well !

Laws are like the best Padlocks one  can use they are for honest people.Rather then putting them in a slammer make them pay back by putting them to work cleaning trash from the roadways and the lands they poached from.I would like to see our taxes spent in better ways then lockup.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Oh I had family  out route 100 and woods corners.

I grew up within walking distance of Woods Corners...Right at the top of Freeman Hill...

I used to buy a lot of beer at the Woods Corners Store, back in the day...

They should make very public examples of these steaming piles of dog sh*t. Splash their pictures everywhere. DEC has a section in the hunting compendium that shows ECO's and their efforts during the year. Why not also display photos of all the perps convicted so everyone, including those in their community, can see and shame them. 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, Nytracker said:

I'm  a little older than that.... was it near the cemetery  ?

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, Steve D said:

Quote: "Criminal Possession of a Weapon (misdemeanor) $1,000/misd"

I would have thought that one would be a lot stiffer. Glad they caught them.

Yes, it was on the corner just south of the cemetery..The building is still there, but it has been a residence for many years now..