What's the farthest distance a whitetail deer has been recorded traveling

Hunter007

3-4 years ago I had a really nice 4 or 5 year old on cam on a very small lease. Less than 48 hours later, buck was killed just under 5 miles away as the crow flies. It was in late October and the buck had broken 3 tines in that 48 hours as well.

Must have been like that 70s/80s movie where the little gangs all came across one another in their NYC travels. The Warriors I think.

• Like 2

There are on going trap/radio collar studies being conducted in Michigan's UP to better understand seasonal deer movements.

According to the UP Whitetails Association website, one group of deer traveled 14 miles in one night. They say most of their deer migrate 28 to 32 miles from their summer and winter ranges. They have documented a few deer migrating as far as 60 miles!

• Like 2

This is a good one also! 

For example, in South Dakota, Illinois and eastern Montana study areas, where forests covered less than 35 percent of the landscape, young bucks dispersed on average 17.3 miles, and one deer in Montana traveled 132 miles. 

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/articles/deer-news/time-to-roam-what-to-know-about-whitetail-buck-dispersal

132 miles!!!  WOW

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Dead ones in truck bed don’t count silly 

Yea I mean live deer obviously dead that's easy That  would be  9000 miles back from new Zealand   popular place to go hunt all sorts  of stuff they had released overthere .

Edited by Storm914

On 12/13/2018 at 10:58 PM, Four Season Whitetail's said:

This guy swam across Black Lake!b96305ffae59175e7452ce1683085f7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell from a picture if a whitetail came from a high fence place fSW  .

Did you see that 52 point buck on the other thread think its legit record wild deer ? Or from a deer farm?

Would really like to  know your opinion. 

Can you tell from a picture if a whitetail came from a high fence place fSW  .
Did you see that 52 point buck on the other thread think its legit record wild deer ? Or from a deer farm?
Would really like to  know your opinion. 

Pretty dark rack for a Hf place but hard to ever tell 100% anymore. I know if it was me it would have been documented by others before I touched it in the woods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Pretty dark rack for a Hf place but hard to ever tell 100% anymore. I know if it was me it would have been documented by others before I touched it in the woods.

Like with trail cam picture giant scraps pictures  witnesses and stuff .