Red neck

Dom

Are we/you a Red Neck a working class person that has a political reaction person that lives in a Rural Area.I am and proud to be.Yes I live in a Mobile home to most a Trailer but is and will be my home .I'm what most see as Trailer trash cause I dont live higher than my Pockets run but in the end we live the way and support our Familys the way You wealthy folks do.

• Like 6

Definition of redneck 

1 sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class

2 often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks

Probably not based on the  definition but I enjoy the outdoors just the same.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Definition of redneck 

1 sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class

2 often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks

Probably not based on the  definition but I enjoy the outdoors just the same.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

don't you have camo crocs??

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

don't you have camo crocs??

I do and I wear them hunting and fishing.  Does that qualify me regardless of the definition.  lol

Pretty sure I fit within some of Jeff Foxworthy's definitions.

Edited by moog5050
  • Haha 1

use and definition is open for subjective interpretation. i live in a 3,200 sq ft house and work in the state's capital city of Albany as an engineer. however, i hunt, i fish, and have done many redneck associated activities. i grew up on my immediate families farm and was in 4-H as a kid. hard to argue i'm not if you hangout with me or know me long enough.

Hold my beer, watch this!!!

I would say I am about 20% redneck. Haven't yet confirmed that on ancestry.com.  I live in a very small house but it is in the middle of a neighborhood unfortunately. I do have more than one riding lawn mower parked in my back yard if that counts. I love the woods and being outside. I for sure would get along better with any redneck over most people. 

• Like 2

I are a factory worker union shop. I own a house and a small piece of land.  Grew up working dairy farm. Turned wrench  Drove truck worked in retail. Wife and I are fortunate  to own our home and land.  30 years of making payments.  Raised 3 kids .  I voted for trump. I am a conservative.  It's about God guns and babies.  Raised to work for it. No free rides . Fix it till it can't be fixed no more then hold on to it for parts.

Doesn't matter, where you live. As long as at least one shotgun lives there too.

Doesn't matter, how much money you do, or don't have. As long as you are taking care of yourself and family.

Doesn't matter, what color your skin is. As long as you wear blue jeans and camo.

Doesn't matter, what others label you. As long as you know who you are.

I know I'm a redneck.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I grew up middle class with my father a long time factory worker and my mom a waitress. I am probably looked upon as middle class now with me doing factory work and my wife being a nurse. I own a nice small house in the middle of town in a nice neighborhood. I however love to live the redneck lifestyle of hunting, fishing and anything that involves being in the woods or on the water away from the masses. I'm a city boy with a country heart.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

Doesn't matter, where you live. As long as at least one shotgun lives there too.

Doesn't matter, how much money you do, or don't have. As long as you are taking care of yourself and family.

Doesn't matter, what color your skin is. As long as you wear blue jeans and camo.

Doesn't matter, what others label you. As long as you know who you are.

I know I'm a redneck.

actually i'm only a redneck in the summer when i venture back to my parent's house/farm to bale hay, fix barns, fix equipment, or mow around the antique reeping equipment and 25' flag pole in the front yard.  otherwise i'm quite pale from working mostly in the Albany office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I do and I wear them hunting and fishing.  Does that qualify me regardless of the definition.  lol

Pretty sure I fit within some of Jeff Foxworthy's definitions.

jury's still out. but if you roll into the office with them you've come full circle.

• Haha 1

I'm a Furgal son of a Gun.I may do stuff that would be labeled as Redneck Hunt fish camp in the back yard eat my homegrown veggies and take back my Returns/cans bottles make a living working for a builder/also took a trade for 9 years listen to Country Music not this new age country I'm just a down home Country Boy not a Red neck. like most of you men/lady's boys and girls alike we know where our roots are Family first always.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Your version Bill and mine are different Where is I go into local super Market dressed in Camo and grab a Turkey from the cooler and run back to the woods.Then you push your/our shpping cart to the far lot and say I forgot the stuffing.lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I ain't from the south but come as close as I can to livin this life style:wink: 

Love that song, will pop that CD in on the way to work in the morning now....there is a YouTube video of him seeing “turn the page”, i think he sings it the best out of anyone, just fits him.  If you look it up, its during a concert from a cellphone, he chewing, and spitting thats the good cover.