Red neck

Dom

5 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Hold my beer, watch this!!!

I would say I am about 20% redneck. Haven't yet confirmed that on ancestry.com.  I live in a very small house but it is in the middle of a neighborhood unfortunately. I do have more than one riding lawn mower parked in my back yard if that counts. I love the woods and being outside. I for sure would get along better with any redneck over most people. 

He said "Hold my beer" LOL

Well, I drive a 20 year old Jeep. My teeth are yellow from chain smoking and chewing tobacco/snuff, and drinking loads of coffee in the past. I live in a trailer in a park that I like to call a "mobile home in a community", but I don't kid myself. I found a way to wear camo at my wedding, I have a camo watch. About the only place I am not miserable is when I am in the woods. Since leaving city life 3 1/2 years ago I try like hell to avoid going to any of them anymore. I like to drink beer, and on occasion it's bottom of the barrel stuff. I still use insulated underwear and sweat-pants as base layers. I wear jorts and cargo shorts/pants.

Along with a much larger list I could mention.

But.....

No, I do not think of myself as a redneck. Country boy, f*&^ yes!

Get called a redneck from my girlfriend alot.alot of it is my ways of doing things.was partially raised off my grandparents farm and yes lived in a trailer my whole childhood until I moved out at 18.

hunting and fishing were my biggest things to do growing up.i remember as a kid there was a small creek that ran behind the trailer park.id go hide along the creek and call the ducks in.was good practice!think that places me in the category..if not definatly a country boy.if u can't duc it,f*** it!

Edited by doebuck1234

Let's see...

I grew up in a suburb and got an education.  I work as a commercial litigator in a large-ish law firm.  If it's during business hours, I am probably wearing a suit and tie.  My truck is pretty clean (though there's no carpet in the bed).  I generally use proper english.  I prefer scotch to beer.  I am politically conservative, but probably not for the reasons that you think.  I haven't been to church since I was 14 and I don't intend to go in the future unless someone gets married or dies.  

At the same time, I love the outdoors, fast cars, big trucks, and immature jokes.  When I'm not wearing a suit and tie, I wear greasy jeans and boots.  I sometimes chew Redman.  If I'm going to drink beer, its the cheapest stuff I can find and comes in a can.  I fix my own things, and do my own work around the house.  If I see free pallets behind a building, I take them...just in case.  I turned my shed into a duck house and there are currently 6 ducks in there laying farm-fresh eggs.  

So, am I a redneck?  Who the hell knows...    

• Like 3

I’m more redneck than any of my family and close group of friends. The guys from work say I live in the sticks (I don’t but it’s on the outskirts of suburbia). Drive a truck, listen to country music, Hunt, fish and play outdoors. But I also work in an office in the middle of yuppieville, play golf, drink wine(in a wine glass from a bottle not a bag).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My straight off the boat Irish mother in law described me to her friends and family in a quiet whisper as “the outdoorsy type” after I proposed to the Mrs.

Other good thought that comes from a song is, “I don’t have to be me until Monday!” Which is most appropriate for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mow my lawn with my quad.

First vehicle was a 1980 GMC custom delux county truck with a 350 in it that you could see the road through the floor.  It also had 2 couch sized benches in it, and a gun rack.

Bucked hay every summer of my life from age 10 to 35.

I also am an IT professional with a bachelors of science double major mathematics and comp sci.

My happy place is a tree stand on a cold crisp day. 

18 hours ago, Dom said:

I'm what most see as Trailer trash cause I dont live higher than my Pockets run but in the end we live the way and support our Familys the way You wealthy folks do.

I have friends from all walks and do not like to put labels on anyone to denegrate, to me it does not make a difference how much money one has or the home they live in.  Be you rich, poor or in the middle somewhere I don't much care, it is about the life one lives and how they go about treating other folks. Good people are just good people no matter what their means or background is.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

It doesnt matter to me what people have or dont have, where they live, what money they make etc... If you take care of your family and self, and act like a somewhat normal human being... (an example I dont have lol) We will get along quite well usually.. Takes alot for me to not like someone.

That being said, I was quite the northern redneck growing up, and before I met my wife, 6 years ago she began to tame me quite a bit, ask any friend of mine .. theyd gladly let you know lol. I try to carry myself well when needed, but im not scared to go out in public looking like a fool. lol. Today id consider myself more of a Country boy than a redneck.. I have to be decent for my daughter as she grows and learns 

• Like 1