Shooting deer from vehicle results in $1,712 penalty

greg54

1 minute ago, ny hunter said:

Jail time would be nice....

We live in a slap the wrist and pass more laws country now-a-days. 

The fine is not nearly enough punishment for what took place.We were all young and dumb but it takes a special kind of idiot to do that.

Sounds more like a "Thrill Kill" than anything else to me, very troubling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

If the fines were very stiff, perhaps "some" of these dirtbags would think twice before poaching! 

Plus they should be publicly humiliated. Make them wear a sign stating their offense while making them scrape gum off the sidewalks downtown on their hands and knees.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XGX7PM said:

The fine is not nearly enough punishment for what took place.We were all young and dumb but it takes a special kind of idiot to do that.

I agree but if they threw this clown in jail ... The next ass wipe well think twice..

36 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Would this count ? It’s in a nice funnel c98a1d3b29227941e84986c7bae01abd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lotta good metal to waste also to still have the spilt sheild and the wiper motor is a great find.Want help pulling it out of the muck?

2 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Jail time would be nice....

2 hours ago, XGX7PM said:

that judge accepted a pleaded down deal. it's written in the current law that shooting a deer out of season can include jail time with the fine. the maximum for shooting a deer out of season alone in this one instance could've been $3,000 and 1 year in jail.  if someone sees a certain judge for the township we live in may God have mercy on their soul because he won't. He's a part of our QDM co-op. hahaha oh would they feel the butt hurt.

33 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that judge accepted a pleaded down deal. it's written in the current law that shooting a deer out of season can include jail time with the fine. the maximum for shooting a deer out of season alone in this one instance could've been $3,000 and 1 year in jail.  if someone sees a certain judge for the township we live in may God have mercy on their soul because he won't. He's a part of our QDM co-op. hahaha oh would they feel the butt hurt.

DEC officers share among themselves the busts on their own to see whats going on around the state (I have seen latest, and they have had a good season of their own catching bad guys, not all will make the papers)

And they know the better judges and who will come down harder and try to steer the cases to them as much as they can ;but they are stuck with the system.

• Like 1

All too often the local courts /judge, know the perpetrator, thus a stupid small fine. Up in Canada, violators can lose all equipment....including dogs, vehicles and firearms used in the crime. I think the fines are antiquated, and have no teeth. It doesn't help that we do not have a dedicated game department for enforcement....our DEC is totally overwhelmed with way too much enforcement activity. I am sure if we had a separate game commission like some states (Maine, for one) enforcement could be greatly improved.

Damn..$1700 sounds like a lot of money to me  ….

Why don't we just HANG  the kid for sniping a deer with a .22  ??

I'm sure none of you self righteous folks ever did anything  that might require such a fine when you were young and foolish...

I know I never  did ANYTHING illegal, except for that unsafe tire I got a ticket for in 1967...That still haunts me..I feel so cheap and guilty...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Damn..$1700 sounds like a lot of money to me  ….

Why don't we just HANG  the kid for sniping a deer with a .22  ??

I'm sure none of you self righteous folks ever did anything  that might require such a fine when you were young and foolish...

I know I never  did ANYTHING illegal, except for that unsafe tire I got a ticket for in 1967...That still haunts me..I feel so cheap and guilty...

Please repent if you feel the need.   In the open forum or via PM, I am here for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

The problem is our deer are worth nothing compared to other states. The Real deer hunting states have seasons that make deer a step above in size because they know its a value to hunters. They also put laws on the books that when you kill one of their Real deer you will pay out the behind in both cash and time, Be it jail or time not hunting again.

They want our deer dead so do not really throw any book at anyone.