Better start playing the lottery

silent death

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Yep I had posted this bill in the gun and hunting laws section. Well guess all the hunters that said I don’t own a AR I will be ok, will be getting a big eye opener if this or should I say when this passes. 

It's for all firearms not just ar15s if you think about it it's a good way to find out what guns one owns for confiscation because every guns serial number would have to be on the insurance policy and then they can tell what and how many guns u own its bullshit

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

You guys do understand that a million in coverage doesn’t require a million dollars right? Think about your homeowners and auto.

Not supporting the bill, but the topic title is a little ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-1500$ a year for the insurance policy is what they are saying on the video that's if u can find a insurance company to issue a policy in ny  . My home owners insurance dont cost that much and for people who have kids and are paying for there kids to go to college and they have a budget 1500$ may put a dent in expenses so no I dont see the title as bein ingnorant

Edited by silent death

12-1500$ a year for the insurance policy is what they are saying on the video that's if u can find a insurance company to issue a policy in ny  . My home owners insurance dont cost that much and for people who have kids and are paying for there kids to go to college and they have a budget 1500$ may put a dent in expenses

You’ve quoted this yourself? Does that require a lottery ticket?

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

You guys do understand that a million in coverage doesn’t require a million dollars right? Think about your homeowners and auto.

Not supporting the bill, but the topic title is a little ignorant.

You are right , probably looking at $1000 a year but we shouldn’t even  have to pay a penny. This state is getting out of control. Guys that hunt just to hunt will give it up, their not going to pay that on top of their licenses just to shoot a deer. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I would just flat out not follow this law.

If its anything like the ammo back round check portion of the SAFE act, it won't be enforceable. Theres no possible way for it to be implemented.

But it'll have effect the same in that there will be a large segment that won't ship to NY for fear of falling under charges by the state AG.

Thats a win for the antis......a no cost program that hurts gun owners. Its their wet dream.

• Like 2

If it's a right to bare arms then any law that makes it so you cant get a gun like this is illegal and unconstitutional  .

What if you are poor and cant afford the insurance funny it hurts the most the very people these clowns say they  want to help . Who ever wrote it should be kick out of office as he took a  oath to obey the Constitution of the United states  which a law like that clearly is a violation of are 2 A rights . He should be sued personally as well .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, XGX7PM said:

One word sticks out like a sore thumb...

20181214_184632.png

As usual, the poorly worded bill to require insurance on "firearms" only seems to be defined as what we know to be pistols and rifles or shotguns that fall under the typical length requirements.  Obviously, the state already requires us to register these on our pistol permits, but that is a cause for a whole different legal challenge.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm

14 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

As usual, the poorly worded bill to require insurance on "firearms" only seems to be defined as what we know to be pistols and rifles or shotguns that fall under the typical length requirements.  Obviously, the state already requires us to register these on our pistol permits, but that is a cause for a whole different legal challenge.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm

Those who live within NYC (the 5 boroughs) are required to also register their shotguns and rifles.

10 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

Those who live within NYC (the 5 boroughs) are required to also register their shotguns and rifles.

My bad.  I forgot how the typical NYC gun control tyrants want to force their city laws upon everyone else in the entire state.  

• Like 1