Parker bows closing

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I just got an email letter from Parker bows that they are closing operations as of today .  That sucks I really like my parker crossbow - and they were all made in the USA.  

Saw that this morning as well. The letter I saw didn't explain the reason for the closing. Seems sudden. I have a tornado F4. I like mine as well and hope that replacement parts (strings cables, etc) are available in the future. Guess I'll have to stock up on bolts and such.

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Saw that this morning as well. The letter I saw didn't explain the reason for the closing. Seems sudden. I have a tornado F4. I like mine as well and hope that replacement parts (strings cables, etc) are available in the future. Guess I'll have to stock up on bolts and such.

i just ordered a dozen bolts.  Yeah there is a lifetime guarantee but am sure that doesnt get covered if they are gone.  Yeah seemed real sudden.  

I just bought a Centerfire this fall. First crossbow and I like it a lot. I'll stop by the dealer and see what they think. Probably buy a string and cables if they have them, and some capture nocks. Really not happy about shelling out $750 on an orphan.

Will

I feel for their employees . I had heard of a 80 yr old man working as a greeter @ Walmart cause he worked for McDonnell douglas aircraft and they announced they were closing in 60 days and he didn't plan. what they going to do hi welcome to McDonalds you want fries w/ that 

^^^ Trust me, there's no way to plan for these types of closings! A lot of times they are sudden, unexpected and obviously devastating. Been thru this and the company always spreads hope by telling employees there may be options to staying open. The employees get lured into a false sense of security & then the real truth emerges - BAM, shutting down!

Let's hope this isn't the start of a trend for mid/hi end, US Xbow mfgers!!!!

If I'm reading the letter correctly, NO warranty work will be honored regardless of when item was purchased if not received before 12/31/18.

Edited by nyslowhand