20 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm 35 for reference

I won't be around but I would bet if you make it another 35 years you will be singing a different tune.

Al

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

1 hour ago, airedale said:

I won't be around but I would bet if you make it another 35 years you will be singing a different tune.

Al

i should be clear that i am not an active user of illegal drugs, just a proponent of legalizing it for recreational use. I've said my peace and you've said yours. I hope I live 35 more years too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Look at the banner at the top, all rich white mealy mouthed libs.

Red Flag law coming in first 100 days.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-vows-passage-legislation-first-100-days-make-new-yorks-nation-leading-gun-laws

The Governor has vowed to pass the Red Flag Bill, also known as the extreme risk protection order bill, which would prevent individuals who show signs of being a threat to themselves or others from purchasing or possessing any kind of firearm. If passed, this legislation would make New York the first in the United States to allow its teachers and school administrators to pursue court intervention.

In addition, the Governor will push to ban bump stocks and extend the background check waiting period for purchasing guns from three to ten days.

Red Flag Bill

According to the Governor's Office, no law currently exists in New York State that enables a court to issue an order to temporarily seize firearms from a person who is showing red flags, like violent behavior, or is believed to pose a severe threat of harm to himself, herself, or others unless that person has also been accused of a crime or family offense. In addition, no state in the nation currently authorizes its teachers and school administrators to pursue court intervention to prevent school shootings. 

Governor Cuomo previously advanced the legislation to keep guns away from individuals who pose a danger with the launch of a statewide campaign to pass the Red Flag Gun Protection Bill last June. The campaign included a series of bus tours to schools across the state to stand in solidarity with students, teachers and school administrators who support the bill and other common sense gun reform.

Basically they take away the guns they know about, but maybe not all a man has, without due process and work on the principle of guilty until proved innocent.  Totally unconstitutional.

In the case of a man who is a real violent threat to society, they take guns from him, but can't be sure he won't get one anyway, and then leave him among the innocent to figure out some other way to kill people if he can't get a gun.

If a man is showing real "red flag" signs, why isn't he put in a nut house after a judge finds him to be a threat?

Because it's about the guns, not safety.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

Basically they take away the guns they know about, but maybe not all a man has, without due process and work on the principle of guilty until proved innocent.  Totally unconstitutional.

In the case of a man who is a real violent threat to society, they take guns from him, but can't be sure he won't get one anyway, and then leave him among the innocent to figure out some other way to kill people if he can't get a gun.

If a man is showing real "red flag" signs, why isn't he put in a nut house after a judge finds him to be a threat?

It has never been about safety. Its about control, and power. Sickening, and unfortunately seems nothing will be done about it.

And it just keeps getting better :danced:

Updated at 6:57 p.m. ET

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says she is running for president, joining a growing number of Democrats who are seeking to challenge President Trump in 2020.

Gillbrand announced her decision on CBS's The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, saying she is filing her exploratory committee for the White House on Tuesday evening.

Did the King offer any kind of bill that would address the mental health issues of the youth in this state that might be at risk for shooting up their school? It's take, take, take your guns but no mention of the cause of these mass shootings and its mentally disturbed youth. 

• Like 1

They would rather have a  politically motivated agenda then actually fix this mental issues with these unstable people they want to put into society.  Keeps getting them votes because they are protecting us so well!  Crazy! 

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg54 said:

Did the King offer any kind of bill that would address the mental health issues of the youth in this state that might be at risk for shooting up their school? It's take, take, take your guns but no mention of the cause of these mass shootings and its mentally disturbed youth. 

So true!!!  Many of these shootings are from kids with mental issues and are usually under drugs to keep them at bay but they never want to address those issues! 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Rattler said:

Indeed it is, unfortunately it has already passed in other states. This, along with the SAFE ACT, cannot be fixed until Ginsburg steps down.

• Like 1