Elf in the house

sodfather

My daughter is going to be 14 after Christmas but we had one when she was younger. We had the female Elf. Her name was Abigail. It was fun but don't forget to move it. The kids will notice for sure! You will need an excuse ready for when you forget....lol You also supposedly aren't aloud to touch them. Which isn't a problem unless the Elf falls out of the place you left it. According to my daughter it was acceptable to use tongs to move her. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

My daughter is going to be 14 after Christmas but we had one when she was younger. We had the female Elf. Her name was Abigail. It was fun but don't forget to move it. The kids will notice for sure! You will need an excuse ready for when you forget....lol You also supposedly aren't aloud to touch them. Which isn't a problem unless the Elf falls out of the place you left it. According to my daughter it was acceptable to use tongs to move her. 

That thing caused more stress to my marriage than anything else including all of my hunting

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That thing caused more stress to my marriage than anything else including all of my hunting

Not me, I said you bought the thing you make sure you move it....Only problem it caused for me was I was always the one that needed the excuse for why it wasn't moved when my wife forgot and the couple times my wife tried  to put it someplace too creative and it fell. My wife would leave for work before my daughter and I were even up....

Sister in law got one for OUR kids last year (i think she secretly hates me lol). Last year with it was fun because we only got it a few weeks before Christmas. This year the Elf named Watermelon has been out since the day after thanksgiving and it's become annoying at this point to find new places to put her. 

I will admit though when you do a really good one and hear the kids yelling in excitement over what the Elf did you kinda forget about how much of an annoyance it is every night. 

• Like 2

Been using one for years with my 4 kids, not so much anymore with the 2 teenagers, but my 10 and 11 yr. Old look for him every morning to see his new spot...lol...by the end of the month my wife is going crazy to find spots she hasnt used already...lol

Edited by NYBowhunter

yep, we got one in our house for my 2 girls (4 and 5) and I can't wait to until the year that "Judy" stops showing up... They do love looking for her every morning, and since my wife is short then I'm left to do most of the moving as I can reach the higher places. We specifically put them out of reach just to not have to deal with the "You touched her and now she has no magic to get back to the North Pole" discussion...

I have one of the originals before it was big. Probably a year or so before it made it real big the creator pitched it to our editors to be featured in our holiday issue. She left it with us and I was able to take him home. Still have it all together with a bit of wear. Who would of thunk it would be so big!