Biggest doe thread

farmhunter

Thats an impressive bunch of big deer. I have a doe that - as of November- was the same height and length as her fawns. You had to look close to tell them apart.  She outweighs them but not by much. In my efforts to reduce the local population, I passed oh her several times in 2017 when she was a yearling. She couldn't have been 80 pounds at 1 1/2 years. I'm impressed that such a tiny deer raised twins successfully into fall. I deleted all those doe and little deer shots.

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

should see her on the real cold nights when her cape is all puffed up. She is huuge

that's a point that many don't get. they'll look really thick this time of year because their coat is dry and fuffy. have to be that way for better insulation.

• Like 1

i don't know if i have any pictures accessible here at the office right now. mature doe with flat squared off briskets and shrunken heads are a tell tail sign. i've taken some that are very large framed but didn't way as much. we aren't the best region or area for soil either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmhunter said:

Yep she's cut like a racehorse too.  Older Does get that deep chest - and have that pushed out - bacon looking briskets.  

I'll try to get a recent pic this weekend off the camera card, she is huge now. I only saw once this year and I wasn't looking to shoot any doe yet then.