Gun hunting in the bow zone-Letchworth

archerforever

Opening day of the regular deer season and I am BOW hunting in the BOW ONLY zone in letchworth state park. I am all nestled into my lone wolf stand in a stellar spot and at around 7:30 am I look up the hill to see some little orange blob peering down into my valley with a rifle! Are you kidding me!!! I never got out out my stand and ran up that hill so fast in my life! I walked right up to him, before he even saw me! Some hunter... "ahh... I thought I was in the gun area", ya right buddy! Park police on speed dial! "My buddy and I will get out of here... You had better run out of here! Unbelievable- some hunters just have absolutely no respect at all! Thinking they could sneak into a bow only area on opening day of gun, probably because they thought who would be bowhunting on opening day of gun. Well, this hunter does and that's all he does is bowhunt! Alright, my rant is over- had to blow some steam off! Until next season in Letchworth- My favorite place to chase whitetails!

22 minutes ago, archerforever said:

Opening day of the regular deer season and I am BOW hunting in the BOW ONLY zone in letchworth state park. I am all nestled into my lone wolf stand in a stellar spot and at around 7:30 am I look up the hill to see some little orange blob peering down into my valley with a rifle! Are you kidding me!!! I never got out out my stand and ran up that hill so fast in my life! I walked right up to him, before he even saw me! Some hunter... "ahh... I thought I was in the gun area", ya right buddy! Park police on speed dial! "My buddy and I will get out of here... You had better run out of here! Unbelievable- some hunters just have absolutely no respect at all! Thinking they could sneak into a bow only area on opening day of gun, probably because they thought who would be bowhunting on opening day of gun. Well, this hunter does and that's all he does is bowhunt! Alright, my rant is over- had to blow some steam off! Until next season in Letchworth- My favorite place to chase whitetails!

Please.  I can see your point of a hunter not looking at a map first.   But to say they tried to sneak up into the campgrounds  or out front in the bow only area wearing orange is a stretch.

Its more fun to watch the camo bow hunters sneaking into the "Safety Zone" really.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, archerforever said:

It's definitely not a stretch- it happens every year more than you know. The map is clearly marked. I have seen orange clad "hunters" in the bow zone every season.

If they are dressed in the park rules orange i am sure they are not sneaking anywhere. Clueless to where they should be hunting i would agree but even the dumbest hunter is not sneaking around in a park that has 1 road and heavy patrolled in bright orange.

On top of all that this fella is : Sneaking: around in 400 inches of orange on AND he has Nad's enough to carry a rifle in a shotgun only park with 1 road and pretty heavy law around while wearing 400 inches of orange while hunting in a bow only zone?   

After all, They cant be that dumb if they know the hunting is better in the bow only zone?

Edited by Four Season Whitetail's

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

If they are dressed in the park rules orange i am sure they are not sneaking anywhere. Clueless to where they should be hunting i would agree but even the dumbest hunter is not sneaking around in a park that has 1 road and heavy patrolled in bright orange.

On top of all that this fella is : Sneaking: around in 400 inches of orange on AND he has Nad's enough to carry a rifle in a shotgun only park with 1 road and pretty heavy law around while wearing 400 inches of orange while hunting in a bow only zone?   

After all, They cant be that dumb if they know the hunting is better in the bow only zone?

believe me some are totally clueless but some are dumb like a fox especially if they are foreign born .My neighbor and I use to hunt state land and he would trespass all the time and he would just start babbling in Portuguese and gets away with it all the time. I wouldn't even think of trespassing   But what bothers me is that he could have been a little more diplomatic dealing with the guy 1] its not his land and 2] it could be a off duty cop or some one with clout and he'll be the one answering the questions .