Shed Hunting 2019

landtracdeerhunter

Well, no sheds, but found this item. Very strange. The handle was just sticking out a little, the rest was under dirt and leaves. No rust, or blood. Going to toss it in the trash.
3681a915f9e85027b281d85349e18e6f.jpgac409f789016aefafe550f769f357c67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Otto said:

Well, no sheds, but found this item. Very strange. The handle was just sticking out a little, the rest was under dirt and leaves. No rust, or blood. Going to toss it in the trash.
3681a915f9e85027b281d85349e18e6f.jpgac409f789016aefafe550f769f357c67.jpg

Reproduction knife 11.Screenshot_20190316-142023_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c746ec9e19d0b9260793283c49d22a6.jpg95.. some kid prolly dropped it..

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

Went out today looking on lease they still have alot of snow.  Giving it a couple more weeks.  But good news they are going to talk with me to the farmer who rents there field and see if he will let me rent his 25 acre woods.  Figured it wouldnt hurt to have some extra help trying to get the piece.  I already have rights to retrieve any game talked to him last year.

• Like 5

G mans post finding 4 lit my fire . Walked 3 1/2 hours today,zero sheds, I usually find 1 for each 1 1/2 of walking . I hit fields they feed in and cross in the winter ,easy to glass this time of year too . Walked a trail behind a swamp that had idk 100 rubs along it, nothing .

Saving my spot for later as no one but myself is allowed there ,today I hit other spots ,with many many stands, it’s a fine line between beating those guys out and when deer drop their head gear .

68FF1D31-1F9E-4723-8047-5544136850DC.jpeg

58FEA4D4-9633-4B09-B5ED-A8EB25FB4DF0.jpeg

C48E2E9C-5E35-42F5-BF17-06408CFD9254.jpeg

7 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Saw four bucks on the way up to my place over the weekend they still had there antlers.Also saw a huge herd of deer in a field in harriman state park.I've never been there before but might look onto it for a quick weekend trip.

Ya it’s a bit early for me but my cams showed many bucks had dropped , oh well good thing I’m retired and can go any day . I may put a big effort in this year, most years I only go 10-12 hours a year .

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:31 PM, Otto said:

why toss it? 

$5 says it was a goth thinking they were going to do some cool ritual stuff lol.

Finally found a shed. It was right in the middle of my walking trail, easy to spot. Walked 2 more hours with nothing to show for it except a bunch of old beer bottles. Stamped 1956 on the bottom.
3a5a601c4190ecbf3a22711d9a5d5ac7.jpg

• Like 9

Finally got out for a few hours in between rain showers to change some camera cards and look around for sheds. Found one the mice got to already, and then found a matched set laying next to each other. First time finding a set.

Found two deer kill sites and a turkey kill site.

Found a bear den too. Black tufts of hair on those broken roots.

Productive hike in 60 degree temps! 

71ECC7B1-C01B-4D4B-A404-45960F10BC8A.jpeg

FFD0AE88-3103-43E9-9E7F-28EAB275F032.jpeg

31E4D108-EB28-4BC4-9E20-E6ACF634708A.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Found a bear den too. Black tufts of hair on those broken roots

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has let it be known that it would like to hear from residents that may know about or happen upon an active bear den in the state.

DEC Acting Commissioner Basil Seggos was upbeat when he said, "There is great value in having resident participation for this type of wildlife research. DEC's wildlife biologists use public feedback from these studies as a guidance measure for future wildlife management and planning efforts. I encourage anyone that encounters a bear den to follow our safety instructions and reach out to their local DEC office for reporting"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve D said:

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has let it be known that it would like to hear from residents that may know about or happen upon an active bear den in the state.

DEC Acting Commissioner Basil Seggos was upbeat when he said, "There is great value in having resident participation for this type of wildlife research. DEC's wildlife biologists use public feedback from these studies as a guidance measure for future wildlife management and planning efforts. I encourage anyone that encounters a bear den to follow our safety instructions and reach out to their local DEC office for reporting"

I don't know if its active or not. I'll move a camera over there and see what's up.