Full crossbow inclusion

Cory

For or against full crossbow inclusion?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. For inclusion

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/25/19 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, fasteddie said:

If full inclusion passes , my compound bows will become dust collectors . I would go the EASY route and hunt with the CrossBow . 

Does that mean you are for full inclusion ?  I remember that you were against it, in last years poll, and I assumed that was still the case. 

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Hope it passes in Westchester so I can finally kill more deer that are just out of range. But only if they get rid of those retarded rules about draw weight and that other nonsense

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I dont mind the draw weight and with restrictions they are there to keep it on the same level as a top of line compound

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

If full inclusion passes , my compound bows will become dust collectors . I would go the EASY route and hunt with the CrossBow . 

I would still take my 1st deer with bow same as I do now I enjoy it even in to the crossbow season . But i take my crossbow out when I filled that 1st tag with bow.. fortunately I seem to take a deer fairly quickly with bow and still continue to hunt with it till crossbow opens then I use that..  

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I would probably do the same. Hard to pass on taking out that crossbow.

One of the biggest advantages of the crossbow is all the free time it opens up to do other stuff.   Maintaining proficiency with a vertical bow takes lots of time and year round practice.   An hour of practice before the season, and firing a bolt into a target after each hunt, has been enough practice for me to get it done right with my crossbow on deer every time I have shot it at one over the last 5 years.   

28 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

One of the biggest advantages of the crossbow is all the free time it opens up to do other stuff.   Maintaining proficiency with a vertical bow takes lots of time and year round practice.   An hour of practice before the season, and firing a bolt into a target after each hunt, has been enough practice for me to get it done right with my crossbow on deer every time I have shot it at one over the last 5 years.   

Idk I maybe shoot maybe  200 arrows in practice with my compound per year  ,starting generally in August . I may shoot  a few earlier to make sure nothing needs fixing though ( on me or bow lol ) . I generally shoot as well then as I did at the end of the season .

I know many who don’t even shoot before Sept .,then If bow is on they’re pretty much done . I don’t know one bow hunter ok Moog, who shoots year round ,most start to,think about it when  licenses go on sale .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Does that mean you are for full inclusion ?  I remember that you were against it, in last years poll, and I assumed that was still the case. 

I am still against full inclusion ! If it passed , why in hell wouldn't I take advantage of the easy way ? Do I need to type slower for you to understand ? 

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Really? I pick up my bow a few weeks before season and it's right on , kisser button ,peep and sights..  plus I would bet 90% or more never practice again once season opens..the just go hunting ..long bow season 6 weeks long.. I even have friends who shoot 1 practice  arrow and hunt and kill deer every year.  

Traditional bows yes .. today's compounds..much practice not really needed..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

You make it sound like a chore to exercise your marksmanship skills .I love shooting my bow . Didn't you take multiple shots at the same deer this year?  

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I am still against full inclusion ! If it passed , why in hell wouldn't I take advantage of the easy way ? Do I need to type slower for you to understand ? 

I see we picked up a couple more against full inclusion. They are up to 11 now, and might need a full sized passenger van for the move to Oregon.   I also see that the NYB website is down, which might explain the struggle to rally more opposition.   

The part I don't understand, is WHY you are against full-inclusion.   Think about that for a while and type out your answer nice and slow if you wish.    

What do you think of opening up archery deer season on October 1 for "traditional" equipment, including recurves and longbows, then letting compounds and crossbows in on the 15th of October ?     

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I see we picked up a couple more against full inclusion. They are up to 11 now, and might need a full sized passenger van for the move to Oregon.   I also see that the NYB website is down, which might explain the struggle to rally more opposition.   

The part I don't understand, is WHY you are against full-inclusion.   Think about that for a while and type out your answer nice and slow if you wish.    

What do you think of opening up archery deer season on October 1 for "traditional" equipment, including recurves and longbows, then letting compounds and crossbows in on the 15th of October ?     

Remove the ability to lock at full draw and the scope and send it.

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

What about recurve crossbows? 

The reason I can see being against full inclusion is simply the loss of a harder learned skill. Crossbows being easier and more accurate . In ohio for example the take from crossbow now exceeds regular bow. As was said in another thread many would give up bow for crossbow if it was legal all season. Archery was started as a primitive season

. Imo that was lost with compounds. To me now it is simple arrow projected by string. Even if full inclusion I would still demand restriction on crossbow draw and width. It's really no different than regulations on gun season for.caliber and magazine capacity. Personally maybe moog would like it as well in would like to see a true primitive archery only.season perhaps the 2 weeks during the rut before gun. And full inclusion from oct 1 to oct 30th. Crossbows are more accurate and more deer should be taken with it than bow no reason to help it out by subjecting rut crazed bucks to its accuracy. Herd management is about killing doe and that falls in line with crossbows accuracy and can better be accomplished during October. 

Traditionalists would not take that many rut crazed bucks and this would also leave more for gun season making gun hunters appeased with their added opportunities. 

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

The reason I can see being against full inclusion is simply the loss of a harder learned skill. Crossbows being easier and more accurate . In ohio for example the take from crossbow now exceeds regular bow. As was said in another thread many would give up bow for crossbow if it was legal all season. Archery was started as a primitive season

. Imo that was lost with compounds. To me now it is simple arrow projected by string. Even if full inclusion I would still demand restriction on crossbow draw and width. It's really no different than regulations on gun season for.caliber and magazine capacity. Personally maybe moog would like it as well in would like to see a true primitive archery only.season perhaps the 2 weeks during the rut before gun. And full inclusion from oct 1 to oct 30th. Crossbows are more accurate and more deer should be taken with it than bow no reason to help it out by subjecting rut crazed bucks to its accuracy. Herd management is about killing doe and that falls in line with crossbows accuracy and can better be accomplished during October. 

Traditionalists would not take that many rut crazed bucks and this would also leave more for gun season making gun hunters appeased with their added opportunities. 

Honestly Gman, as long as it doesn't go bang and start spooking the deer, I don't care what others hunt with during archery.  I agree that compound is only marginally more difficult than crossbow - but that's OK.  But if the decision was to only allow stick and string the first 2 weeks of Nov., well I for one would likely benefit but it would be real lonely out there in the woods.  lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Fasteddie said his reason for being against full inclusion. Its because his Bows would collect dust if full inclusion of crossbow came about. Although I voted for full inclusion, I have voted against it in the past for the same exact reason. If they pass full inclusion of crossbow into archery. I doubt I will ever use my bow again. Not because I don't like. Just because I am going to use the best instrument for the job. In reality, I would probably sell my Bow and entry level crossbow and purchase a much better crossbow. The way the season is now, it is hard for me to justify having a ton of money tied up in a crossbow. I don't see a crossbow as being something you have for the rest of your life like the rifle you have always wanted. So spending a ton of money on a crossbow for a two week season for me is out of the question at the moment. If my cheap crossbow breaks during the two weeks, I will just grab my bow for the rest of the season. 

This gives me a thought for a new topic. 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Honestly Gman, as long as it doesn't go bang and start spooking the deer, I don't care what others hunt with during archery.  I agree that compound is only marginally more difficult than crossbow - but that's OK.  But if the decision was to only allow stick and string the first 2 weeks of Nov., well I for one would likely benefit but it would be real lonely out there in the woods.  lol

I would bet some would pick up traditional just to hunt those 2 weeks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fredbear2 said:

First off I seen someone said that “why would I take the easy way out” really dude!!  . Any implement that he or she would like to take an animal in my mind should be allowed . 

Okay Dude --- In that case , I want to use a rifle . 

11 hours ago, G-Man said:

Closing off the rut to anything but traditional bow would def not appease most hunters. Don't see that ever happening, regs won't go back but would go forward at this point. And there isn't enough trad guys to support it.  If they wanted a traditional season only they should have done that when they extended season and made it Oct 1-15.  

I hope none of it changes , but will hunt with whatever they allow.  But def not interested in a traditional bow season only.  I like the seasons exactly the way they are.

I am surprised a primitive season hasn't been introduced which would include bow, Xbow or muzzleloader.  But there is a lot of people fighting to protect that bow season.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish