Some really nice bucks taken in NY this year

Rattler

Really nice bucks in there - though the title seems misleading as there are a number of large bucks not included in the list - all of which have made internet, local paper rounds.

That 16 y/o has killed two deer in the past three years that are lifetime bucks for grown men in the Midwest. Unreal.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, phade said:

Really nice bucks in there - though the title seems misleading as there are a number of large bucks not included in the list - all of which have made internet, local paper rounds.

That 16 y/o has killed two deer in the past three years that are lifetime bucks for grown men in the Midwest. Unreal.

Western NY has some of the best Buck hunting in the Northeast, perhaps the country.

That 16 yr old probably has help from dad *cough* bait pile *cough*

Western NY has some of the best Buck hunting in the Northeast, perhaps the country.
That 16 yr old probably has help from dad *cough* bait pile *cough*

Maybe. But many of us take pride in our well managed farms and hunting lands. Let them grow up in a safe haven is all that's needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

So True. Some don't need or want the highlights for many reasons.

even if a big one dies a property will get attention. if it produced a mature deer with big antlers it was for a reason, and it will produce one again. not all attention is from those with honest and genuine intentions.

• Like 1

even if a big one dies a property will get attention. if it produced a mature deer with big antlers it was for a reason, and it will produce one again. not all attention is from those with honest and genuine intentions.

True That. Hence many of us don't make it a habit of posting up much more then a picture of a deer that was harvested. Our land gives top bucks every year and a really special one about every 3. Keeping things on the down low is best when it comes to big antlers. But then again a few fools will try to tell ya it's not about the antlers. Lol

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Seem like quite a few from non mandated ar areas.  Why force them upon everyone when this is possible thru education?

when did anyone mention antler restrictions?? "mandated" is relative. i know a couple on this list use their own that in a sense are mandated despite not by law. let it go and lets just appreciate smiling folks behind nice deer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

when did anyone mention antler restrictions?? "mandated" is relative. i know a couple on this list use their own that in a sense are mandated despite not by law. let it go and lets just appreciate smiling folks behind nice deer.

No one did it's just a fact these deer were taken in non  state ar mandated areas. That is all it works voluntarily dont read more into it than what I said. Just pointing out what nys can do with out the hunters being mandated by law to do. I follow what gets entered in nys and where ..if they were working so well in mandated areas you would expect a larger amount coming from those areas. Yet as this post shows they are from good farmland/ soil  areas

Something I. Find interesting and can make you can make own decisions/ beliefs from what you see as well . Personally I like the decision to be up to the individual. Or group if they decided to follow as they choose

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1