Need Help Naming Dog

jmark

10 hours ago, mowin said:

Didn't read all of the responses, but I vote Spudnick... Why, well Because we lost Spud this month.  

Congrats on the new pup.. watch him for a few days. A name will come to you.  

I had Spud for two weeks before I named him. Couldn't figure out a name.  One morning he did something, and I instinctively said what a "Spud"...  it fit his personality to a T.   

What a great looking pup.  I'm a little jealous. Been struggling with the loss, and the "want" to fill the void... 

Hang in there, mowin. I can very much appreciate your pain. I am hopeful it will get better over time.

You have a good point about waiting and the name will come to you. A week after we got our dog, I had to go out of town for a week. When I came back to the house and walked through the door, the dog started making excited little squeaking noises. From that point on, I usually called him Squeaky or Squeaker. I guess it was a good thing we had already named him beforehand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, all, for the continuing help.  I shared this thread with my son, and he has some new ideas to kick around.  As of this morning, he said he was leaning toward Enzo.  "Enzo Ferrari is one of the greatest names in auto history."  We'll see.  I like some of the others suggested here (Goliath is a great suggestion).  But this is a family effort, led by the boy, so it's not ultimately my decision.

Thanks again and keep 'em coming.

jm

• Like 1

My sister had two German Shepards. The first was named Cybill, after Cybill Shepard. :rolleyes: That was during the the TV show with her and Bruce Willis. The second was named Tonka because he was an absolute truck. Both pretty cool names, but maybe dated.

FWIW, I had a little black Ford Focus to haul my drum kit around with years ago. The license plate read "caw ****".  I named it Sheryl, after Sheryl Crow.

Thanks, all, for the continuing help.  I shared this thread with my son, and he has some new ideas to kick around.  As of this morning, he said he was leaning toward Enzo.  "Enzo Ferrari is one of the greatest names in auto history."  We'll see.  I like some of the others suggested here (Goliath is a great suggestion).  But this is a family effort, led by the boy, so it's not ultimately my decision.

jm

Zonda. (Pagani Zonda ). Puts an Enzo to shame.

Or to keep it German - koenigsegg or Carrera or apallo

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jm

Zonda. (Pagani Zonda ). Puts an Enzo to shame.  
Or to keep it German - koenigsegg or Carrera or apallo

While the Zonda is a fine piece of automotive marvel. The company founded by Horacio Pagani total history does not equal what Enzo Ferrari did to start the super and now hyper car market.

Jmark have your son read “The Art of Racing in the Rain” fantastic book about racing and dog ownership. I won’t lie it has a sad ending but man is it a good book. And the dogs name just happens to be Enzo in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the Zonda is a fine piece of automotive marvel. The company founded by Horacio Pagani total history does not equal what Enzo Ferrari did to start the super and now hyper car market.

Jmark have your son read “The Art of Racing in the Rain” fantastic book about racing and dog ownership. I won’t lie it has a sad ending but man is it a good book. And the dogs name just happens to be Enzo in the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes it's about the now, not about the history. But, I can't argue your point. I just love the Zonda.

Well, as of this morning, the boy was leaning toward Enzo.  The rest of the family is not so enthusiastic about that.  I personally prefer a single syllable name.  But I do like a lot of the suggestions here, like Diesel, that's a good one.  

BTW, the boy wishes to note, Koennigsegg is Swedish, not German.  :pardon:

Stay tuned, we trying to resolve this today.