the blur

Raccoons are mean & nasty

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My uncle had a pet raccoon once.  Stayed in the house at least a little. Answered to the name "Racky".  I don't think it was mean and nasty or it wouldn't have lasted long.   Dirty smelly I can see.

They can be as tame as any house cat, but...they have the ability to be awfully nasty.  My dad brought a pair of kits home one time.  They were inside a hollow in a maple tree that he cut.  We bottle fed them and they were awfully cute.  Had them for a month or two until one of his friends mentioned it to somebody.  That somebody told a game warden and we had to release them. My mom has pictures of them perched on my shoulders.  Looking back, it probably wasn't a wise idea to keep them.

oh yeah I had a raccoon bite my cat ouch!!!! me not the cat it cost me $800 and my wife almost got bit putting the garbage cans out, In nyc raccoons have rights ,their wildlife!!!

They can be real nasty, one of my best friends had one as a pet.  Thing was crazy!  GO ahead and pet it he says, I get about 3 ft from the cage and it flips out going crazy!  I said I don't think I will pet him today.

Check with some of the trappers I am sure they would love to take them away for you especially if the pelts have no holes!

50 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Any lawnmower or snowblower running will muffle &/or disguise the sound of a 22cal...

CCI Quiets thru a heavy long barrel of an Anschutz bench rifle don't make much noise, either.