Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

I'd also like to thank Rob for all his efforts and hospitality.  I had a great time fishing with him and enjoyed the new boat!

Thanks also to Tacks for putting this shindig together.  It was great to see all the guys again and meet Lomax, Jason and Tacks buddy Larry.   Also, thanks to Jerry for making a quick guest appearance.

Sorry to hijack your journal Rob.  :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'd also like to thank Rob for all his efforts and hospitality.  I had a great time fishing with him and enjoyed the new boat!

Thanks also to Tacks for putting this shindig together.  It was great to see all the guys again and meet Lomax, Jason and Tacks buddy Larry.   Also, thanks to Jerry for making a quick guest appearance.

Sorry to hijack your journal Rob.  :)

dont be at all - please do!  Great pics!  

Out on Oneida with Corey and Zach. We didn't kill em but got a few. Seems like this year this is the norm. But not bad. Graphing a ton of fish but not all biters.  Bite was decent early with a breezy East wind.  Wind died and bite died.  We also dropped a couple and caught 4-5 shorts.  

IMG_20210618_120727717.jpg

• Like 2

GF daughter is graduating this week and when asked what she wanted for graduation party she said she wanted to go out fishing on a boat, catch some big fish and then have a fish fry.  Lol. She is going to college for culinary.  Well she is having the regular grad party but took them out for a morn of fishing. 

Was really really hoping to get them on some fish as all she has ever caught is panfish from shore.  

15 minutes into our first troll she says..... I think I got something.  She is fighting it and I know it's a nice walleye, but not as nice til it comes to the top. 24" eye biggest of the season!!!!!  

So then we end up with a 22" and an 18.5" ,2 perch and a monster Sunny.  So glad she got to hook a fish like that.  Fished til about ,9:30 and the sun got high and no bites.  Lots of fish on the graph again but thousands of mayflies on the water.  They have prob been sipping them all night.   

Cleaned them up and made fish and regular tacos and root beer floats.  Sure glad it worked out. 

IMG_20210620_071644730_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210620_102701878_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210620_113414295.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

GF daughter is graduating this week and when asked what she wanted for graduation party she said she wanted to go out fishing on a boat, catch some big fish and then have a fish fry.  Lol. She is going to college for culinary.  Well she is having the regular grad party but took them out for a morn of fishing. 

Was really really hoping to get them on some fish as all she has ever caught is panfish from shore.  

15 minutes into our first troll she says..... I think I got something.  She is fighting it and I know it's a nice walleye, but not as nice til it comes to the top. 24" eye biggest of the season!!!!!  

So then we end up with a 22" and an 18.5" ,2 perch and a monster Sunny.  So glad she got to hook a fish like that.  Fished til about ,9:30 and the sun got high and no bites.  Lots of fish on the graph again but thousands of mayflies on the water.  They have prob been sipping them all night.   

Cleaned them up and made fish and regular tacos and root beer floats.  Sure glad it worked out. 

IMG_20210620_071644730_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210620_102701878_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210620_113414295.jpg

Looks like an awesome day on Oneida and some great lunch too.  What a great graduation gift. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Looks like an awesome day on Oneida and some great lunch too.  What a great graduation gift. 

Thanks . It worked out great.  

I figured on fish tacos for lunch from what we caught but had a backup plan of regular tacos in case we didn't get any.  Lol. 

She loved it and caught a big one to boot.

• Like 2