Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

Corey went over and changed out all the cam cards today. Only buck is a three point, the same one as before in the same spot. Seems like there is 5 resident does and 3 fawns.  Come October we will start seeing more bucks I am sure.  Looking forward to getting out there. Everything is pretty much ready to go. 

Oh and Corey might have a solid lead on some more dirt for us....stay tuned.  

• Like 3

Opening morn. Great to be back out. Zero deer seen. ( This will be a regular thing this year. In this spot I am going to hunt all season if you see a deer it's usually in shooting range. It's so thick)

But it sure felt good.  Nice morning. 

Hunt #1 PineTree stand. Light -10.  Then breakfast with my buddy.

IMG_20211001_064622043.jpg

IMG_20211001_110515336.jpg

• Like 2

Hunt #2. 4:15-dark.  Roadkill stand.  Didn't see anything. Horse trainer was out by barns and is very loud and this stand is only a couple hundred yards away.  They didn't get done til like 6:30.  But got some good Intel on the cam there. This am at 9am two does I was after wiith no fawns were right there at 10 yards. Picked the wrong stand this am.  Prob be back here in the morn and see if they repeat that tomorrow. 

IMG_20211001_164623962.jpg

IMG_20211001_164628472.jpg

• Like 3

Hunt #3-10/2 am dark -9:45. Roadkill stand. Didn't see anything , but had a deer behind me in the thick. Right after I settled in the stand could hear - no blowing but a huffing noise like a deer trying hard to wind me.  And then what sounded like a deer getting up from a bed at 30 yards.  I bet if I pulled cam there would be pics of deer there early morn before I got there.  Nothing seen. No hunting this pm supposed to be close to 80.  Prob done til next weekend, most likely fishing tomorrow morning.  Might go after work one night this week if it looks right and is a little cooler.  

IMG_20211002_071721218.jpg

8 minutes ago, Otto said:

You're a deer farmer now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lol. I guess. I enjoy the setup and work almost as much as the hunting.  Corey was using the cutter doing trails and he was saying he could do that all day.  

Trying to make our spot a little better. We can't do a lot there but we can play in the existing trails some.

42 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Last day on the lake for me and Corey.  Great day of fishing.   

IMG_20211011_132731957.jpg

With a catch like that Rob you need to give it another day with " Just One More Cast " . That sure looks alot more productive than sitting in a tree being used as a " Skeeter Feeding Station "   LOL

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

With a catch like that Rob you need to give it another day with " Just One More Cast " . That sure looks alot more productive than sitting in a tree being used as a " Skeeter Feeding Station "   LOL

I prob would but will be working all week and looks like a temp drop next weekend.  And yeah that's why we decided to fish today.  Enjoy the warm weather. 

We threw back 7 short eyes and dropped 3-4.  We could've stopped in a couple of spots and prob tore up the perch but we wanted to bang out some walleye for last time of the year.  I will probably try the shore bite a couple of times this fall still.

Guys are banging out 50 perch limits out here right now and some big Jacks.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

What a shitty outdoor weekend. Rain and storms all day Saturday and Sunday lake effect rain.  If it was snow we would be buried. It's rained so much off of Ontario the lake must be down a foot.....put the boat away for the winter though at least that is done but hate to do it.  Will prob early shore fish a few times before winter.   Never hunted all weekend. Next hunt is Tues after work and have Wed off. Then Sat - Tues off.  Corey is also off then so one of us should have some action. Was hoping for even a short evening sit Tonite in the ground blind but I've now given up on that. Thanks lady O for the black cloud overhead! 

Screenshot_20211017-113919.png

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Hunt #6 10/19. Roadkill stand. 

Got out after work and got into our close stand that has been getting a ton of does on cam. It just felt like deer were gonna come out at any time.  

Just after 6pm two does come walking down the trail just like it was scripted.  Drew back and shot the second larger one.  Complete pass thru.  And it went back up the trail it came on.  The other one hung out in front of me for 15-20 minutes. 

Got down after 45 minutes and checked the arrow and it had more guts and liver than I sure wanted to see. Not good in this place it's just so thick and I've lost one to Coyotes before.  

So snuck out , went home and let the dog out.  It has now been 2 hours so gonna just see if any kind of blood trail. Was happy to see a pretty decent blood trail and the deer went right down our mowed trail. So kept on it and about 150 yards there it was right on the edge of the trail.  Whew was worried on recovering this one. But haven't lost one since I've used grim reapers they sure do some damage.  

She must have been quartered more than I thought. Arrow came out way back. But she was down. Gutted, carted out, skinned and quartered and in to cool before midnight. 

Checked cam card and does all over this spot. Last 3 nights at 6 pm . And also this morn at 9 and again at 2pm.  Could just feel I was gonna have some action Tonite. 

Meat in the freezer, now I can play for a buck! First doe I have ever tagged in this spot. Have tomorrow off to do the butchering.  Worked out perfect.  

IMG_20211019_204916650.jpg

IMG_20211019_205839531.jpg

IMG_20211019_210319692.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hunt #6 10/19. Roadkill stand. 

Got out after work and got into our close stand that has been getting a ton of does on cam. It just felt like deer were gonna come out at any time.  

Just after 6pm two does come walking down the trail just like it was scripted.  Drew back and shot the second larger one.  Complete pass thru.  And it went back up the trail it came on.  The other one hung out in front of me for 15-20 minutes. 

Got down after 45 minutes and checked the arrow and it had more guts and liver than I sure wanted to see. Not good in this place it's just so thick and I've lost one to Coyotes before.  

So snuck out , went home and let the dog out.  It has now been 2 hours so gonna just see if any kind of blood trail. Was happy to see a pretty decent blood trail and the deer went right down our mowed trail. So kept on it and about 150 yards there it was right on the edge of the trail.  Whew was worried on recovering this one. But haven't lost one since I've used grim reapers they sure do some damage.  

She must have been quartered more than I thought. Arrow came out way back. But she was down. Gutted, carted out, skinned and quartered and in to cool before midnight. 

Checked cam card and does all over this spot. Last 3 nights at 6 pm . And also this morn at 9 and again at 2pm.  Could just feel I was gonna have some action Tonite. 

Meat in the freezer, now I can play for a buck! First doe I have ever tagged in this spot. Have tomorrow off to do the butchering.  Worked out perfect.  

IMG_20211019_204916650.jpg

IMG_20211019_205839531.jpg

IMG_20211019_210319692.jpg

Congrats Rob great job on the recovery and cool pics too. Way to go now get Big Sixy. 

• Like 1