Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

27 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Top one a northern? Any good eating ? Heard their bony bastids.  Silver bass too ?

The silver ones are actually white perch.  Not as good as the yellow but not bad esp early season.  They get pretty big.  

The top one is a chain pickerel. Def a bony bastid.  Lol.  Kept him cause want to try smoking one see how it goes.  You can fillet some of the bones out esp on the large ones like this one.  But def a row of Y bones to deal with. 

I had just boated that walleye and dropped back down and got that pickerel.  Thought it was gonna be a big eye. 

Going back out in morn with a buddy to see if we can get into them. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.oneidalakeassociation.org/whiteperch.htm&ved=2ahUKEwjqv_e1mLriAhVuoFkKHW3CBJEQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3AURVGVjGpnBFLUkXtilR8&cshid=1558908003909

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Couple of trips out on Oneida and been doing well. Finally getting into some eyes. Worm harnessesand slow troll mostly but bottom two on a stickbait casting in the canal. Getting some nicer ones, 20" is a solid eye in Oneida. Stocking the freezer. 

IMG_20190530_101250609.jpg

IMG_20190531_104832272.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend of June 8th and 9rh.  

Great day on keuka with Pygmy, TCIII and Lawdwaz.  Caught a mess of panfish and then a fish fry. Great day with some great guys. Should've took more pics on the water. Dan gave me a lesson in how to fillet a bullhead too!  

Then Sunday the 9th on Oneida . 25 and 1/4 inch walleye.  Best eye on Oneida and a bunch of bass, pickerel, a northern. All in the canal casting. 

IMG_20190609_073603675_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190609_110900653.jpg

imageproxy.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks of rain outs and being blown off the lake... Got out today to well get rained off and blown off the lake!  But canal was good.  Got s limit, buddy would've too but had two shorts and lost a nice one at the boat.  He also got a couple nice smallies.  Every fish i got was an eye and fun on 6lb test and casting stickbaits. 

IMG_20190630_112012841.jpg

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im baking up the last of the fillets from Keuka this evening

Nice. Those were some big slab panfish for sure. 

Taking my buddy and his son out tomorrow.  Hoping the eyes are still in the same spot in the morn.  Might break out the boards and lead so his boy can reel those flags in. 

Fishing should be good here until end of the month. Then August becomes a mystery for me. Lol 

So many floating weeds and warm water always make it tough. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

New treestand up on lease property.   Kept seeing deer cross in this area last season but 100 yards from nearest stand. So tucked in a short stand to give a try.  Didn't get all the cutting done had a chainsaw chain jumped and of course I forgot to bring any tools to fix it.  But stand is up , just need to go back and do some cutting. 

IMG_20190714_113617342_HDR.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Weekend update.  Friday 19th. Limit of eyes by 8am.  39 fow . 

Then out with GF to tin rooster for dinner and to Reba concert.

Sat out to WNY for beers and wings at the Goat with Pygmy, Moho and Turkey feathers. Some damn great company right there. 

Sunday morn on Erie with Capt Treeguy and Pygmy for my first Erie eye, my best walleye in 20 years and a great day of fishing with some great guys. 

Weekend of the year!

IMG_20190719_091527575.jpg

IMG_20190719_193505532.jpg

8963.jpeg

8856.jpeg

8867.jpeg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Sounds like a fun weekend.  My wife and her friends went to rebas show on thursday she said it was the best show shes ever been to.

She def put on a great show. Was surprised she didnt have an opening act but she doesn't need one.  I like going to the event center. Really isn't a bad seat in the place. 

• Like 1

Busy day today outdoors.  Struck out hard on the lake. Talked to multiple boats all the same. Trolling drifting etc. Zippo.  Yesterday one boat said they killed em. They had 6 boards running  today and couldn't get a hit.  

So put up cams .  Good news ... Where I got all three of my deer lat year in three sits is corn again!!!  I swear two weeks ago it was like 18 inches now it's past my waist. Put three cams up in my 6S spot. 

Lease on 7F.  Not so good of news. Guy hasn't cut it even once and if its not cut it's about unhuntable.  Am sure he will get to it but is way behind. Can't even move a stand til it's cut. Brush etc in trails is up to my neck.  Def gonna end up getting a brush hog for my buddy's 4 wheeler. But I did kick up a velvet bedded buck ...4,5,6 point .  But can't even tell where trails are.  About three out of our 9 stands are bow huntable. Found 3 spots to put cams where grass was at least a little lower but not where I really want them . 

Pics of 6S and looking good there! 

IMG_20190803_120745017.jpg

IMG_20190803_130453948_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Did some serious deer season prep today. On lease we put new straps on each stand (9) and cleaned up shooting lanes and entry trails on all regular stands and cleaned up area where I put a new stand. Land owner was out with the tractor and brush hog and got him to cut a couple extra areas for us while he was doing the trails.  

We have one stand to move and setup and the lease is ready for season.

Then shot the bow and got the pins back to dialed in after adjusting nock location.   Arrows touching at 40 is a good sign.  Gotta shoot again to be sure. Then it's just a couple of make it count shots each week til season.  

Move the one stand at lease, move one stand that I have at spot in 7J, then change out straps on 3 stands in 6S and ready to go. 

Checked cam on lease that was only out for a week and a few doe pics.  

Def a productive day. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Owner cut all of lease trails yesterday!  He has a big tractor and brush hog and makes short work of a LOT of cutting. Getting pumped now.  Took a walk around it and moved a cam after getting the blind done.  All that is left is move one stand there and lease is ready. 

Second pic is one of my favorite stands. 30 yards from a licking branch/ scrapetree.  

IMG_20190811_131701444.jpg

IMG_20190811_132323472.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...