Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

Hunt #10- 6S sunup to 10:15.  Got busted going in by 4 small does that came out across field. They came right over curious and I was pinned in the brush.  They ran away after getting to 50 yards. And ran right up trail by my stand.  Didn't see anything else.  On way to hunt deer everywhere and on mill Rd a box of donuts spilled all over the road and a doe standing over them..lol..... WTH? 

IMG_20191013_080958088.jpg

IMG_20191013_081007634_HDR.jpg

6 hours ago, land 1 said:

ur putting ur time in for sure haven't sat in stand yet the shore line night bite is on,

Glad your hitting them.  I get so torn as to whether i should be fishing or hunting this time of year in early season.  And im too old to do both and get up at 4am for work these days!  lol.  used to do that fish til midnight then clean em and out to work early.  Have heard the bite has been great.  Yesterday afternoon the boat was calling my name but went out hunting. 

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

time to get one on the ground for both of us Rob. I won't be out till thursday,but then i will ramp up my efforts.

definitely.  Hope thurs is the day for you!  Forecast for wed into thurs looks like heavy rain around here 1-2 inches but tapering thurs maybe ?  Was gonna go after work tonite but its looking like rain now tonite.  I have fri off for a long weekend and hope to score one soon.  Its still early and bucks have been on cams here and there at night only for me so far , but want to fill one of those doe tags !    

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Hunt #12 - 7F lease swamp stand. 4:30-dark. Had a doe in trail on the way in.  Hugged the brush hoping she would walk by. Don't think she saw me she was itching herself. Waited there about 10 min then slowly started to make my way down trail to see if she was there and could hear her in brush behind me headed the other way.   Close.  I really think this stand is gonna pay off this season. Seems to be lots of action there. Didn't see anything else.

Hunt #16- 6S Greenfield. Won't be hunting this spot again this season without moving stand. New neighbors there and no way deer are coming out in this field with them there yelling to each other and swearing at the dog all Eve etc..... Need to move stand to very top of hill away from that. Always see deer in this field somewhere for sure not Tonite. 

Saw a fisher walk just about under the stand

Didn't see a single deer all day.

IMG_20191019_151316024_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Hunt #17- 7F lease scrapetree stand. Out with Corey- Fishdo.  Light - 9:45 .He picked the wrong stand damn it. Passed a 3 pt he would've shot.  Hope he gets a chance at it.  Walked out by scrapetree and walked right under stand. Saw another deer way down trail .  Pulled 3 cams and this stand was busy.  3 point lots of days and several does.  Can't get a doe to walk out for a shot. 

IMG_20191020_080415508.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

54 minutes ago, land 1 said:

Bucks seem to be changing where they are hanging out finally getting some nice bucks on camera, lots of new ones last two weeks... compared to earlier where all i had was lil guys

Def. I didnt have either of these guys on cam til this last week. Unfortunately though I'm missing the bigger ones.  Hoping they get rutty and come back this weekend. 

Wait you live nearby....are you stealing my big bucks? Lol.  

Hope you've been out fishing , I hear nothing but walleye limits and buckets of perch.  Out in front of Marion manor Sunday there must've been 20 boats all off that 14-25 ft area towards Lewis pt and I am guessing pounding the perch. I should be fishing some but the pull of the deer season is just too much. 

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

looks like high winds /rain coming your way ?!   Here too, ugh

Yeah looking like a wash out tomorrow.  But the silver lining is I am working.  But off on Thursday and Friday and looks like a temp drop into Friday. 

Kicking myself a little for not fishing Tonite it's beautiful out right now.  But by the time I get out of work and on the water it gets dark quick. And I am not a fan of night boating.  

Guys are tearing the fish after dark at the canal. Damn 4am alarm.  Work gets in the way of my hunt/fish time, it's annoying. Lol.  

Hunt #19- 7F lease swamp stand. 4:30-to dark.  Saw nothing. This stand has got me puzzled. Have a ton of doe pics here in the afternoons but haven't seen a one from the stand. Saw one on the way in once. But at least 3 nights a week does all over it before dark.  Just haven't hit it right yet.  4 days off so hoping to connect. 

IMG_20191023_163244709_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191023_163232908_HDR.jpg

• Like 1