Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

Hunt #21- 7F lease swamp stand.  8+ hours in a stand today and never saw a deer.  Wind was switching in all different directions until about 4:30.  

Did send one this afternoon though. Shot at a turkey and hit just under him . Aimed for 30 and he was 33-34. 6 turkeys came in up trail so at least some action.  

19 minutes ago, land 1 said:

you r def putting your time in, fyi there was a bear spotted in the lakeport area several times maybe he will head ur way

That's awesome.  Hey buddy @FISHDO

He will love that.  He just loves bears. Lol.  And we are hunting there tomorrow.  I would love to see a bear .  

I think I might get up real early and make a couple of casts off the wall before hunting. Afternoon is looking like a wash out . 

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The time is NOW!

Hunted there last two days and haven't seen a deer .  Pouring out right now. Thinking best time is starting next weekend.  Will be out tomorrow in a different spot.  But will be back there a bunch more before it ends.  No chasing seen here at all yet. 

Got a three point all over cams am hoping my buddy downs him tomorrow.

Hunt #23. Lease 7F daylight to 10:15.   Not a thing.  Was headed to 6S but so foggy could only go like 25 so stayed close. Buddy Corey was in swamp stand and saw nothing. 

Good news is though. Walleye limit before hunting in 35 minutes. At least that is working out. Perch bite must be insane on the lake. Launch is busier than it's been all summer and boats are stacked in one spot out there.  

I should launch and perch fish but I won't. Will hunt this pm in 6S.  

Pic is 15.5,16.5, 18 inch eyes. Had one short to throw back and one I lost.  All cleaned and bagged by 5am.   

IMG_20191026_050004492.jpg

Went to lake early this morn. Had my limit of eyes on but only brought one to the net. 

Hunt #26- 7F scraptree stand. Light -11am.  Completely calm wind didn't see a thing. 

Check cam cards in area .  8 pointer on it 2 different nights, tall racked buck I thought was a 6 looks like a 4 just really high rack. Would deff shoot.  Lots of night pics a few day.  

Hunt #31 - 7F lease.  Hunting far side of lease in thick stuff where I passed a spike earlier in season. Tough to sneak in there but I'm there. Lots of sign over there. 3 rubs and 4 scrapes.  Didnt see anything but right before dark could hear one wading thru swamp and then cut across trail and go thru brush across from me.  I waited til dark and snuck out. 1:30- dark.