Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

Hunt #56- 7F lease. Light to 9:30. We didn't do push , thought maybe with storm coming they might be moving. Sat in corner stand, Corey in opener. We saw nothing.  Done til next weekend and one last gun try in 7F and 6S for a day each for gun season. 

8-14 inches of snow coming so def done for today.   

Hunt#59- so didn't go til 10:30 cause it was so cold , it was 10 here this morn.  So went midday to 6S , got out there and wind was 25-30 mph. It was crazy.  Must be the elevation cause it is higher there.  Can't gun hunt there unless in stand to many bad horizons otherwise.  No way I was gonna make it in stand. So I left and went to lease in 7F.  Took a long walk around in snow sat in a spot for 45 minutes, had some warm cider and decided to leave.  Not a fresh track around the entire place.  Gun season ends with a wimper.   

You heard it here first....  I WILL get one with the muzzleloader!  Might take Friday off, weather looks good.  3 hunting days left of my season.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

update - Took Friday and Monday off.  4 days of muzzleloader to get it done.  Forward all my calls and mail to this location cause i will be right there the whole time.  Maybe i can get it designated as a Dominos delivery hotspot......

muzzleloader 2018.jpg

Looks like a great spot ,good luck

28 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol. That's awesome!  You da man. 

Hoping I only need some help lifting one onto the tailgate! 

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

If you don’t mind waiting 4+ hours I’ll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can be there in half an hour! 

• Like 1

Hunt #60- 6S light to 3:45pm. Sat in big buck stand for about 4 hours. Then took a walk to try to see if could jump something in bedding areas by other stand. Sure did. A nice buck prob a 7-8 point. Stepped into little section of woods and 3 steps he jumps up and off like a jet. Had gun up and hammer back but no shot.  Flying away in heavy brush and a loud meh didn't stop him. 

Then back in stand til 3 and took a little walk thru two other places on way to truck but nothing.  

That buck would've def made my season. But just didn't have a shot.  

Hunt #61 and last of 2019.  No deer seen. Hunted light to dark.  Started on cornfield in 6S and ended on lease in 7F.  Just to rub it in..... 1/8 mile down road big buck in church backyard and next field 12 deer out eating.  Guess that's where they went.  Never seen more than 4 in that field before.  All chowing down.  

Had several chances so can't complain just didn't seal the deal. Bad timing all season it seemed.  First time in 10 years not to fill a tag.  Did pass a few as well. It's ok, not that depressed.... Had fun and had my opportunities.  

I was within 50 yards of the buck I wanted the most 2 times.  Just at dark walking out. Saw a couple good ones just no shot.  Damn does are harder to get than bucks for me it seems. 

Oh well onto next year.  Let the prep and planning begin.  

Good thing I had my best season ever last year and have almost 3/4 of a deer in freezer yet. And a good season on the lake with a good stock of walleye fillets. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Damn does are harder to get than bucks for me it seems. 

X2.i hope for one to fill the freezer and it never happens,been years sence ive got a doe!way to stick it out,deff put your time in and thought for sure is was going to happen!already thinking of changes for stands,food source next year in hopes i can get property to hold more deer

• Like 1