Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

And prediction met. Boat limit of eyes in an hour.  26-30 FOW slow troll worm harnesses.  Done by 7:00. Hung out and caught and released a couple more but it kills me to let those eyes go back in. So we looked for some perch.  Got a few and was having some issue with the troll motor shutting off. Have to see what is going on there.  So we came in before 9. Cleaned fish and had an early beer.  Lake was an unfishable mess by 11:30 anyway .  We sure hit it right today. They were not only hitting it but choking it.  Fish were stacked from last night's heavy wind pushing the bait in. Graph was full of fish.  Good day,  hated to leave the school. 

IMG_20200531_093255885.jpg

• Like 6

Took the day off. Got a limit of eyes but had to look around for biters. Know I had them on the graph in some spots but they were tight lipped. Hit a spot @18-19 ft and in 10 minutes landed 3 and lost 2. 

Trolling motor is acting up and gonna have to take it in for repairs. Keeps cutting off when in ipilot and then also won't steer at times. Dunno what is going on but it made it hard to fish on a flat lake like I wanted to .  But managed to get some .  

Good to be off work and Charlie got a haircut. 

IMG_20200604_102147932.jpg

IMG_20200604_123843688.jpg

Good day on the water. Pike were in 24 FOW.  Hoping I have figured out the trolling motor issue.  Have to say there is a big difference with this boat than the bass boat for being in the waves.  Wind started building at 6 am which is never good.  And it was pretty rough by 8am. But boat took it well and we fished for a while longer. Never would have with old boat.  Hoping to get out again in the morn.  Lake is rollllllling right now but it's supposed to calm down overnight.  

IMG_20200606_101557817.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Overnight the wind was blowing pretty good but was hoping it would stack the bait and therefore the eyes.  Wind died down by morning with just a small chop and had the first two eyes in minutes.  3 on first run thru, 3 on next but lost a couple, and boat limit in an hour. Would've been shorter but lost a couple in a row.  And buddy Corey had one big tangle after losing a nice eye.  He got that undone and we finished off the limit and let some go as well.  24-26 ft of water slow troll worm harnesses.  Def a big school of them in there.  

Went and looked for a few perch in another spot cause we were only getting eyes there. Never really got on them so we went in. 

Good day fishing. 

IMG_20200607_102724614.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, LET EM GROW said:

Your vaca time i sunlimited i take it? lol. Nice hauls sir. Really makes me miss fishing open waters! 

Thanks - and I wish it was unlimited!  every weekend off at least.  I have taken 4 days off since Hunting season and have 7 weeks of time on the books not counting sick!  I am gonna try to take tues off next week but will def be out there sat and sun.  Weather and wind look great - eyes should be a biting.   Fishing buddy Corey is in and maybe GF on Sunday (upps the boat limit!) lol.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, land 1 said:

nice job your doing good this year making up for hunting season,,,,,

Thanks. Wild game freezer needs to be filled up somehow. There is def room for fish since I didn't bag a deer.  But look out in October when I fish in the morn before hunting and pretty much first deer in range is coming home with me. 

Boat limit of eyes by 8am. Slow for first hour then found em. 27 fow. Nice size and a couple good perch.  Oneida has been amazing this year, hoping it continues.  Usually August is over for me and can't find a bite so get em while we can. 

Then a swim for Charlie after , it's his birthday. 

IMG_20200620_090855280.jpg

IMG_20200620_115250487.jpg

• Like 1

Was hoping to get my buddy and his son on them like yesterday but it just didn't happen.  Never saw another boat with the net out either.  Def a tough day but everyone caught a fish or two.  The perch we did get were huge. It got hot quick without even a little breeze out there so we came in. But it's still fishing. Saw a lot of minnows and chasing when we were leaving. Thinking maybe they were higher in the water and pounding those minnows. 

IMG_20200621_100538185.jpg

6 hours ago, land 1 said:

lots of bait showing up think the bite might be slowing down soon i was in 38 ft today and fish white perch im guessing had bait balls on the surface

yup thats what i was seeing.  We started out at 38 on the channel edge and we got one hit and werent graphing much of anything.  Def had some eyes on the graph in 27-29 in spots but not many takers.  But could def see minnows all over and some chasing.  Guessing a lot of suspended fish.  Usually the bite is good right thru July but will have to see.  Once they suspend and have weeds floating everywhere its tough.  Cant troll harnesses or sticks without weeding up and have to run different depths.   People talk a lot about the weed walleye bite in like 14ft in mid summer but i sure havent perfected that yet,  casting harnesses and bringing them slow along the weeds.   Will be out again next weekend and its supposed to cool down so hoping they are biting.  

Bought a new truck today after a lot of trepidation.  Hoping to flop a deer or two in the bed this fall.  Was gonna wait at least a year and prob get something smaller like I had - another Frontier or a Ranger.  But wanted a full size truck and with the incentives available right now can't pass up the chance. 

IMG_20200627_134532348_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

New boat new truck. Rob’s big pimping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I neeeeed to fill the freezer with fish! And hopefully some venison.  Ramen noodles are gonna be a staple otherwise. 

Prob shouldn't have gotten it but I did. I usually make payments for 5 years and drive it without payments for 5 years.  Traded in a year and a half early cause of the incentives.  

Dunno bout " big pimping" maybe more like rednecking. Lol. 

Now I neeeeed to fill the freezer with fish! And hopefully some venison.  Ramen noodles are gonna be a staple otherwise. 
Prob shouldn't have gotten it but I did. I usually make payments for 5 years and drive it without payments for 5 years.  Traded in a year and a half early cause of the incentives.  
Dunno bout " big pimping" maybe more like rednecking. Lol. 

That’s big pimping in a redneck world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day on the water. Got up at 4:30 and a storm was moving in.  It passed and hooked on and headed out to the lake.  Real slow first troll one hit. 

Then hooked a real nice one got it within sight and it had another line tangled in it.  It came off and my other pole dropped.  Got him in.  25fow. 

Then lost another good one in 21 fow, same thing within site and off. One of those days.  Went back thru that area twice and got one keeper and 6 shorts. Two at a time sometimes.  

Boated 8 lost 2 just couldn't get three keepers.  Still a good day. 

IMG_20200628_115805099.jpg

• Like 1