Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i didnt even notice that.  That is different for sure.  For me he is a shooter and i will be in that stand after work tonite where this is a 31 yard shot, so maybe I can get a close up.  

Sounds like a plan.  Good Luck! 

38 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

That blonde coyote is gorgeous .....he'd be #1 on my hit parade.

we will take them as targets of oppurtunity but havent hunted for them much.  Got the blond yote in earlier pic walking in to deer hunt one day and got him with crossbow at 30 yards.  Was a nice blond color but i gave it to a local trapper for the hide.  That night i passed a doe that was under my stand and i almost shot her cause it wouldve been something to walk out with a deer and a yote.  My hunting buddy wouldve flipped.  But already had 2 in the freezer. 

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

we will take them as targets of oppurtunity but havent hunted for them much.  Got the blond yote in earlier pic walking in to deer hunt one day and got him with crossbow at 30 yards.  Was a nice blond color but i gave it to a local trapper for the hide.  That night i passed a doe that was under my stand and i almost shot her cause it wouldve been something to walk out with a deer and a yote.  My hunting buddy wouldve flipped.  But already had 2 in the freezer. 

That was a nice of you to give it away to a local trapper. I hope to cross paths with a blonde or black coyote someday.

Hunt #9, 10/17.  Dark -10:15.  6S mosh pit stand.  

Didn't see anything. But what a beautiful morn. They cut the corn across the road and am thinking they are pounding that field at night for an easy meal.

My buddy Corey got busted by a buck on the lease this morn. Came behind him and winded him. 

IMG_20201017_074440261_HDR.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Hunt #10. 10/17 2:30-dark. 7F lease RSS stand.  

Not a good sit all around Tonite.   Went in early with pole saw cause Corey said that stand needed some trimming. And boy did it.  Got most of it done but a few things still need cutting but I raised enough of a racket.  Got down twice more to make some cuts so it's huntable. 

Then notice my string stopper is loose (fixed it Tonite) , then 300 yards behind me on neighbor property is a field of beans and they start cutting it.  Must be using some sort of vacuum system cause it is so loud.  They stop about 5:30, then neighbor nearby takes two shots at like 6. Which always makes me think poacher as two shots right before dark generally isn't target practice.  

So got out of there and nothing seen. Just wasnt meant to be Tonite.  Hunting other side of lease tomorrow as it's a east/south wind. 

Most pics we have is right from the corner of this trail.  Should be a good spot for one of us this season. 

IMG_20201017_154252950.jpg

• Like 1

Hunt #11.  10/18.  7F lease Scrapetree stand. Dark -10

Didn't see anything. Perfect wind but no players. 

Repaired the ground blind that blew over again with some better stakes and one for luck - used arrow I shot the doe with lol.  

Gonna cancel my mon and Tues off unless I down one Tonite then I could cut it up etc. But looks like a rainout and a waste of time off .  Maybe take Thursday off.  But next weekend looks big.  Big drop in temps, closer to the rut and I also have a 4 day weekend.  Have shot a few deer on the 25th.  I call it my deer day. Last year had a huge 9 go by two of my stands on the 25th as well.

This afternoon will prob sit there again , trim a couple branches, pull a couple cam cards. 

IMG_20201018_072757810.jpg

IMG_20201018_102251694.jpg

pulled some cards yesterday and got some good photos of two bucks fighting.  Was about 10 photos buts heres a few.  And a couple of buck pics.  The area where they were fighting is a licking branch that gets hammered every year and we have a stand 40 yards from it (closest tree) and these two fighting is about a 37 yard shot.  Always get buck pics here and have shot one here.  Hope to this season.  

5,6,7 buck.JPG

stota bucks 3.JPG

stota 2020 bucks 2.JPG

Stota 2020 bucks.JPG

stota bucks 4.JPG

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 5

Hunt #16. 6S big buck stand . 2-dark. 10/25

Totally blew it Tonite.  Shot under a big doe about 5:40.  As soon as I heard her step into woods knew it was deer. She came in from the field behind me right in my wind.  Walked under the stand and I let her walk out waiting for her to turn. There were also two others with her smaller and they came in just a little to the right. One is standing at 15 yards broadside. The bigger one finally turns and I send it and arrow stuck in the ground right under her. No explanation other than blew the shot. Rushed it for no reason. Nice big doe should've been in the truck Tonite.  

Pulled cards and have a couple nice bucks on cam up there. No hunting though til the weekend. I've killed a few deer on Oct 25 and should have Tonite. 

IMG_20201025_142000916.jpg

IMG_20201025_141951151.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Otto said:

Rob, that’s a bummer.  Best days are coming soon, you’ll get another for sure!

9 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

That sucks rob.  Atleast you saw some and a clean miss is better than a bad hit.  

that wouldve set me up for hunting for a good buck only for the last of bow and xbow.  Still mad at myself, shouldve been a chip shot.  Work hard for those oppurtunities and only get so many tries.  Thanks though, will plow on.  And vac time at work is up in the air now due to several things so thats not helping.  Shoulda woulda coulda......

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

that wouldve set me up for hunting for a good buck only for the last of bow and xbow.  Still mad at myself, shouldve been a chip shot.  Work hard for those oppurtunities and only get so many tries.  Thanks though, will plow on.  And vac time at work is up in the air now due to several things so thats not helping.  Shoulda woulda coulda......GONNA!

• Like 1