Robs huntandfish journal

Robhuntandfish

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

U put in the time. That's what it's all about. Now hang up the guns and get the poles ready !

Let's get together once your pond freezes over ! Jig up some ice cold eyes !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I can get some local intel for ya and buy ya a beer.... but i am not a hardwater guy.  I dont have item one for ice fishing.  Done it a couple of times and just not my thing.  Plus winter is kinda a killer for me at work.  The Transportation business and winter are a bad mix so i kinda live there in the winter.  But if you come out let me know for sure and will keep you posted on the lake too.  

14 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wow Rob. I’ve never been more sure that you would have knocked one down with the amount of time and effort put forward. I’m glad that you are not taking it as hard as I am!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks much!  lol .  Yeah I feel like i had the oppurtunity so I can live with that esp after my best season last year.  And passing some small deer was by choice.  Just hard to believe I could put a doe in the freezer.   But watch out next season!!!!  

And you rocked it this year!  nice late inning buck to boot! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I wouldnt want to be a deer at your place next year.  Something tells me they wont be so lucky.

by next season the game freezer will be empty of venison and will be taking reservations!  lol   

Yeah def will be out to refill.  Just one of those years.  Ten years ago i didnt get a deer only because i didnt hunt.  Only once in the last 10 years did i only get one and not 2-3.  So be it.  Im over it.  lol  now just need spring and some walleye fishing!   Glad lots of folks did well here.  Seems like it was a pretty good year for the forum.  Wouldve liked to see @Cabin Fever bag one - I think he has as many hours in as i do. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Enjoyed reading your posts all season! With all the walleye you’ve packed away I’m not sure how much freezer space you can have lol!!

same here Fletch - I feel like I know the  "hole and tower stands"  just from your journal!   Nice 8 pointer for you this season.  That was a beauty and had some mass to it too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am liking the mild stretch of winter. Got out to do some work on the lease. Cut two trees and some limbs by my favorite gun stand that were bothering me.  First pic is a fresh rub 30 yards from that stand. Wasn't there during hunting season. It looks really fresh , interesting it's so late.  

Then started a trail we are planning to cut across the property.  It's gonna be about 250 yards long and 10-15 yards wide.   Gonna be a big project but should help out.  Stuff is so thick we need some more open area.  Cut until chain came off saw.  Rain was coming in anyway.  2nd Pic from stand where trail will go. 

IMG_20191229_110448541.jpg

IMG_20191229_130928320.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the Kabash was put on the new trail. Wetlands program wont allow landowner to put in additional trails.  So much for that.  It was a good thought but its ok.  Can still maintain current trails and hunt as is.  But prob not going to buy tow behind mower now.  Esp when owner has a brush hog.  He only does it a couple of times a year at best but we still can hunt it ok.  Havent decided for sure yet as we would like to keep trails maintained better thru the year as they are the only feed on the land other than natural grasses and brush etc.  

On 3/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, Moho81 said:

I know the new Wetlands rules are pretty crazy but I’m still surprised they won’t even let you cut a trail.

I think they wont let you clear anything that isnt existing.  Made him sign a 10 year agreement 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Parked in driveway and ready for the maiden voyage.  Gotta get out and figure out new fish finder and troll motor.  

I owned the same Tracker for a few years and had some good times with it fishing around the state......enjoy.

• Like 2