Woodstock 2019

turkeyfeathers

i lived 10 minutes from the one in 1999 for the 30th anniversary - count me out - good luck boys - it was labeled "the day the music died" I remember the big thing that started a lot of chaos was $8 and $10 bottles of water. Was a big money grab and a big mess ending in fires and a riot.  Nope https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/23/woodstock-99_n_5610534.html

• Like 2

there were a ton of free tickets out there for the last day of the one in '99 got offered free tickets like 5 times.  

there was an alien lawn figure in some guys front yard in Indian lake and it was reported stolen.  It was returned after the concert with a woodstock '99 sticker on it !  lol 

I was right on a main road from there.  Saw people walking, hitch hiking and a lot of tie dye.  lol It ended up costing the city a fortune in trash removal, damages etc. People all over were renting out their lawns for camping at $20 a shot, or parking.  The former wife went with her best friend and they just walked around then left cause the porta potties were overflowing and people were sliding in it all covered in mud.  Said it smelled so bad. They had 4 stages going and anything of the metal type just turned into a mosh pit of dudes wrestling and fighting in the mud and piss.  

I sure hope this one goes off better.  what a disaster.  Hope the town knows what they are possibly in for.  

13 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Who knows, I'll keep my eye on the who's playing list. I think the last one was run by different folks. I need VIP tickets lol. My own space food, drink and porta pot!

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Agree can’t recreate it and most of the line up I don’t care about .

That and I hate crowds and lines, I’d have to go vip with Fletch , build the wall around us !

Dont eat the brown acid !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Agree can’t recreate it and most of the line up I don’t care about .

That and I hate crowds and lines, I’d have to go vip with Fletch , build the wall around us !

Dont eat the brown acid !

Old men probably shouldn't be playing with any acid these days.

This will turn into a huge commercial fiasco. The original could never be duplicated because there were two key elements that were ever present and, sadly, are no more. Peace and Love.
You're forgetting copious amounts of acid

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk