Woodstock 2019

turkeyfeathers

OKAY....Where were you all in 1969 during the original Woodstock..??

I was working as a grocery clerk in a local A&P  store, and was about to enlist in the Navy to avoid being drafted into the Army and winding up in a rice paddy with a bunch of little guys in black pajamas trying to SHOOT my sorry ass...

KInda similar to my Dad enlisting in the Navy in WWII.. He spent  18 months in the Pacific with a bunch of  slant eyed little bastards trying to blow his ship out of the water...

What the hell were you all doing in 1969  ??  And for you young pups, how would you react to mandatory military service if it should occur again ?....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I was working as a grocery clerk in a local A&P  store, and was about to enlist in the Navy to avoid being drafted into the Army and winding up in a rice paddy with a bunch of little guys in black pajamas trying to SHOOT my sorry ass...

KInda similar to my Dad enlisting in the Navy in WWII.. He spent  18 months in the Pacific with a bunch of  slant eyed little bastards trying to blow his ship out of the water...

What the hell were you all doing in 1969  ??  And for you young pups, how would you react to mandatory military service if it should occur again ?....

I was born in 86, but truly do appreciate your fathers service, and anyone else who has served.  I sincerely mean that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I was 12 and just started working at Gilberts farm down the road. But Tony, the neighbor I was learning guitar from, was 18 and he went. I could have went with Tony and his buddies, but my mom wouldn't let me. He said afterwards, it was a real PITA! But that the music was cool.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

1969, That is the year we had the pond dug out to use for the fill. We removed what was left of the log cabin and cleaned the site up. Grew some massive Kennabec potatoes which we foiled and roasted under an open fire. Had a bumper crop of winter wheat and oats. I caught my biggest Northern Pike out of Tonawanda Creek. The new neighbors moved in. I developed a crush on the new neighbor girl. I remember 69 like it was 1970.

• Like 1