Ozone Closet

Team Hoyt

Just put together my Scent Crusher Closet. Seems well built, can't wait to try it out next deer season to see what results I'll have.

Built my own with heavy tarp, Walmart closet organizer and a ebay ozone generator. Total cost $85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It gives off a very strong odor. I've seen mixed reviews as to ruining cloths, gear etc. I guess I'll find out. TreeGuy have you noticed increased deer or other game. And you dont wash your clothes. Just set them in there. And do you use it after every hunt for the half hour total? Thanks

It gives off a very strong odor. I've seen mixed reviews as to ruining cloths, gear etc. I guess I'll find out. TreeGuy have you noticed increased deer or other game. And you dont wash your clothes. Just set them in there. And do you use it after every hunt for the half hour total? Thanks
First off, I have seen too many deer go down wind and not spook to not be a believer. It's definately an expensive piece of gear, but results speak for themselves.

As far as clothing and my program, I have a $30ish cloths locker from Wally world for all my gear. I have two XL batteries for the ozonics. I use it 90% of all hunts then when I get home i allow the ozonics to run till battery dies. When I gear up to hunt again, I switch out the batteries and repeat. The XL batteries easily last 8hrs so I can get a full hunt in and ozone wash the cloths.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have the scent crusher bag.  Used it a lot this year. Only clothing issue I had was a pair of long underwear that had an elastic band.   Rest of stuff was fine.   I used it in between hunts and still washed stuff when needed. Can I prove it works ....dunno how u can but I had deer in close range several times and didn't get winded.  

I also have the vehicle one and it does work pretty well.  They use them at dealerships for that new car smell.  

The new generators out out a huge volume of o3 and times to run are recomend for each the old ones didnt put out much maybe 5000, the new can. Put out 50000 . Running to long will oxidize your clothes. As for it working I have deer plenty close down wind and dont use it. I am rarely scented if I'm busted it's from movement trying to raise bow or position for a shot ..and prolly half of those times is from making noise while moving.   

I know the fad and science behind it.. o3 is unstable and the 3rd oxygen molecule de detaches and combines with other molecules as a free radical thus " destroying the cause of the oder" it works but it also brakes down other molecules the same way. Think of the car tests where they simulate 10 years in a chamber. The same Is done over using ozone to cleanse. 

18 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Anybody run the 12v ozone generator in their vehicle.....my wife and boys grabbed me one as a stocking stuffer for Xmas.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've been using the Scent Crusher Ozone Go for a couple of years now and it works great! Comes in real handy on those days when you run out for fast food for lunch. After I get out of the truck, I run the device for ~20min. and go back to a fresh smelling truck, with no noticeable fast food odor.

On a whim one day at lunch, I ran out and bought a deer decoy. I was hesitant to use it for a while, because it had an plastic odor to it. I decided to load it inside my truck and run the Ozone Go to see if it would help with the odor. Seemed to work like a charm, as I used it the morning after I bought it and had bucks walking right up to it!   

I have the scent crusher bag and a closet I made from amazon along with a generator I got from amazon. No issues with gear after 3 years other than a pair of long john elastic. I’ve had a doe this year actually blow down wind of me so I have no idea if it works or not but I’ve definitely notice it doesn’t happen as often as it did before in years past 

Edited by sodfather

18 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

First off, I have seen too many deer go down wind and not spook to not be a believer. It's definately an expensive piece of gear, but results speak for themselves.

I've been using the Scent Crusher bag for the past 2 hunting seasons.

I agree. I've been amazed having deer come in from downwind and not spook. It's like they smell something, but it's not anything that they fear and they just go on about their business unalarmed. 

I will say that it has destroyed the elastic shoulder straps on my bibs. No big deal. I just adjusted them and that tightened them up.

I don't nuke my clothes after every hunt, as the treatment is suppose to last awhile. If I feel I got any sweat on my clothes, if they got wet in the rain and I toss them into the dryer to dry, or if I know I'll be hunting in unfavorable/swirling winds I always nuke them. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...